Advice on "spreading the word" about my new direct to consumer roasted coffee busines

onunez55

Jul 27, 2011
Woodside, California
Visit site
Advice on "spreading the word" about my new direct to consumer roasted coffee busines

Hi all,

This may sound similar to the person asking about setting up his Office Coffee Service business but, mine is about eComm and getting the word out that we are live and running. I do have a Facebook page based on my Import/Export green coffee business but now that we roast our own, I consider it like a private label of sorts. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+ aside, using those social media channels have to be better utilized. I'm just looking for some perspective. If you're curious, my website is highnotecoffee home.

Thanks

ChrisMSNT

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd revamp the website if I were you. On the first click I know nothing about you or what you offer. After clicking around (5 clicks later, I'm reading about your family tree.) you need to be compelling up front and forthright about you product or people will just move on to the next site.Just my $0.02...Chris

MajesticChoice

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
ChrisMSNT:

I'm new to the forum and doing some research for a business. What would you consider compelling on a website offering coffee and services? I'm used to seeing a man/woman sitting in a cozy chair sipping away or "waking up" but that has never seemed authentic to me. Thoughts?

onunez55

Jul 27, 2011
Woodside, California
Visit site
@ChrisMSNT- I did consider that approach only to change my mind because of how busy the site would look. I will look at the site again and see if putting my history on the first page helps. Thanks for the advice

Oscar