fundraisers and private events

SBshaveice

Feb 16, 2012
Santa Barbara
Visit site
I've received some inquiries about private events and fund raisers. I have the machines and have a barista. But I don't have a clue what to charge per hour. Sample rates anyone?

Also, the machines are 220v, should I become a master at converting outlets to 220?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I've received some inquiries about private events and fund raisers. I have the machines and have a barista. But I don't have a clue what to charge per hour. Sample rates anyone?

Also, the machines are 220v, should I become a master at converting outlets to 220?

You'll have to do a few events to test the waters as determining rates can be difficult at best.

You can't simply convert an outlet to 220v as the difference in wiring, breaker, etc. between 110/220 is night/day. If you can find 220v outlets already in place you may have to use a pigtail adapter. I have safely tapped into the main panel with a proper breaker, ground, etc. when an outlet wasn't available, but I know what I'm doing and surely won't try to explain that for obvious saftey reasons.