Espresso machine

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Honestly that is like asking us what car you should buy... we need to have alot more info. Price range, intended daily use, preferred coffee (straight espresso, milk based drinks, etc), space limitations, hands-on with the process or not so much, etc...

abbycole

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same question. I have gone thru 2 cuisinart 15 bar espresso makers in two years. the first one broke after 6 months and they sent me a new one and after 1 year of use it broke. I am looking for a great quality 15 bar machine that is going to last more than a year. I don't want to pay more that 350-400. especially b/c I have not had a great experience with long lasting machines. I do use it every day. any suggestions?

JoyceKaa

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This depends of a number of things. One is how often you will use it. Two is what is it that you want it to do. Just make espresso? or do you want one that will do more than that. How much of making espresso do you want to be a part of or do you want to do more or everything. What kind of budget do you have to buy an espresso machine? For more help go to: [email protected].

Grazie

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don’t know what is the best espresso coffee machine for home used, but whatever/ what kind of espresso machine did you have is very helpful to you. It produced a good coffee that you, and your family or friends can share with.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoyceKaa

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Which is best? What do you want your espresso machine to do for you. There are 3 types of espresso machines. A pump type where you do most of the work, a semi-automatic that does a lot more, but still gives you options will allow you to make your espresso and more with a frothing cappuccinatore tube. Last, is the super automatics that do all the work for you. You just set the parameters and it does it all. One of my espresso machines will grind the coffee beans to your setting, make your espresso, discard the puck (used coffee grounds) in a drawer and rinse the machine just by unlocking the touch pad and putting your finger on it, which has your programmed method in the machine. It allows for5 programmed methods of making an espresso. Joyce of Coffee Makers Shop.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
As much as this is about espresso machines, it's really about grinders.
The grinder comes first. Without an excellent espresso capable grinder, the machine is immaterial. For home use think Baratza Vario or Baratza Preciso, and then maybe Compak K3 Touch. You can always spend more, but I would caution spending much less.

1. Decide on your total budget
2. Buy the best espresso capable grinder you can.
3. Look at the money you have left, and
3a. ...then ask the question again.
3b. ... save until you can buy the machine you really want.