Square Up users: A question

coffeeagogo

Getting ready to open an small 1 person drive thru in Central Wisconsin and picking a card processor is driving me loopy. I am attracted to the Square Up, but I currently have no Apple or Android service. I would therefore have to purchase new hardware to use SU. Question: Do you have dedicated hardware for your operation? It almost makes sense not to d%#$ with the per swipe, hidden fees, etc charges and buy an IPad or something similar and leave it in the shop, dedicated to business use.. Did this make any sense? Thanks, Steve

Last edited:

WaFoCoCo

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Getting ready to open an small 1 person drive thru in Central Wisconsin and picking a card processor is driving me loopy. I am attracted to the Square Up, but I currently have no Apple or Android service. I would therefore have to purchase new hardware to use SU. Question: Do you have dedicated hardware for your operation? It almost makes sense not to d%#$ with the per swipe, hidden fees, etc charges and buy an IPad or something similar and leave it in the shop, dedicated to business use.. Did this make any sense? Thanks, Steve

We've just switched over to SquareUp in our brick and mortar store. We're using an Itouch with our wifi (secured). It is saving us about 300 month on 9000 in cc sales.

Those credit card guys impress you with low swipe fees and percentages.. The question you need to ask them is for $10,000 in sales what will my monthly charges be. With SquareUp the answer is $275 (2.75%) . None of them will beat that. I'm out of contract on my equipment and I own my equipment so I have the upperhand in this financial relationship.

If you don't have wifi available for an itouch ($199 at the apple store), then check out Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Tab, for $199 and 30 bucks a month internet 3g. We have a store next to us with that arrangement and works great for them. Even with the $30 3g service, you'll still be ahead.

I hope this helps out, if you have any questions or concerns, contact me here.

Albert