Looking for 12 oz Kraft Paper Coffee Bags or Alternatives..

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Greetings all..

We are still working out the details of our new coffee venture. One thing that has me scratching my head is the local market predominately offering coffee in 12 oz increments. When I talk to many/most folks who buy coffee locally, they believe they are quoting me a price per pound when I ask them what they spend on coffee. However, it usually turns out they are only buying 12 oz of coffee at a time. This leads me to worry that by offering coffee in one pound bags, we will be perceived as much more expensive than other shops in the area with their 12 oz offerings.

However, I've not located any kraft paper bags in 12 oz size. Should we consider over-filling 8 oz or under-filling 16 oz bags?

Any input will be appreciated.

Scott

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I wonder how the other members of this forum package their coffee. I'm sure you'll get a few replys to your search for bags soon.

Do you have to sell it in 12-ounce bags? I only buy my coffee beans from places that sell coffee by the pound. That's how I compare the prices. This 12-ounce craze makes my head spin. A pound of coffee is a pound of coffee. I think that's how it should stay.

Rose

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree. We don't HAVE to sell in 12 oz bags. Matter of fact, I'm guessing we'll do fine selling pounds on the net. That said, the locals seem to think they are buying pounds of coffee for $10-$12 when its just not the case.

That said, an organic market carrying cert organic beans does sell them by the pound. There may be hope...

Thanks for the reply, btw.

Scott