Catering opportunity advice

soulja72

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a stump to where i have the opportunity to cater at an gallery with no water supply. Running the espresso machine is not a problem, because it will have its own water tank. My concern is about being able to rinse frothing pitchers after steaming milk. What is the best way to run operations if no sink is nearby? There is a kitchen, but it would be a hassle to go back and forth after each beverage. Any suggestions? I only plan on serving espresso beverages at these events (no blending or brewing)

soulja72

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually I've never thought of that. That might be the solution. Additionally, i won't be using paper cups, they'll be glass cups. Thanks!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
To each his own, but there's no way I would invest that much $$$ in a specialized device for one event. Also, rinsing is only going to do so much after repeated steaming.

On a side note, those devices don't appeal to me as I'm a firm believer in washing/rinsing after each drink is made. We would give a quick hot water rinse if doing similar flavored drinks back/back, but otherwise every blender jar always received a hand washing/hot water rinse after each use. May sound like a waste of time/water in doing so, but it's not if you maximize your efforts and respect sanitation.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
The second part of the video showed the rinse in slow motion using a glass. Steaming Pitcher Rinser Counter Top Edition (Frothing Pitcher Rinser) - 6" x 6" x 2" Pan Size - EP_PRCT664 available from Espresso Parts

It appears that there was still some milk residue on the glass. You'd have to use the rinser several times to get all the milk out. It's a cute gadget, but I don't think it's worth the money - just for one event.

We all definitely need to do whatever we can to "respect sanitation," especially when we're working with milk products.

Rose

pretty

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for sharing this. This has been a big help. I am thinking of opening catering service too. This is such a great advice.

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
To each his own

Keep in mind it isn't just for one event. Can use same setup Farmer's markets, parties, and really anywhere there isn't a kitchen or plumbed in setup.

I have used them before and they are quiet and convenient. I plan on putting one in the new space, to save on time, and water.

Let us know what you end up doing

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Keep in mind it isn't just for one event. Can use same setup Farmer's markets, parties, and really anywhere there isn't a kitchen or plumbed in setup.

I have used them before and they are quiet and convenient. I plan on putting one in the new space, to save on time, and water.

Let us know what you end up doing

Personally I think pitcher rinsers are a waste as they don't WASH and just rinse with moderate pressure. If it was used at a remote location you'd be stuck with cold water, which makes things even worse.

I'd have to believe there could be local code issues in some areas as well. Just another gimmick when that $ could spent elsewhere.

Last edited: