Opening a Brick and Mortar Coffee shop / cafe / kiosk
This is a discussion on Opening a Brick and Mortar Coffee shop / cafe / kiosk within the Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Pink Rose, your wish is my command --- sort of . . . As to the recipe, we moved to Ireland three years ago and ...
- 07-02-2012 03:13 AM #21
Pink Rose, your wish is my command --- sort of . . .
As to the recipe, we moved to Ireland three years ago and all our 'stuff', including recipe books, is sitting in boxes in a mini-warehouse in the U.S.
So my wife -- the lovely and talented Roast Mistress (I wonder how many women roasters are out there, seems like professional roasting is a male dominated sport, like professional chefs, which has always been a head scratcher since women are usually the home cooks. Well a philosophical discussion for another day) -- occasionally makes the scones here but her eyes are her measuring cups and she couldn't beging to put on paper what 'a little of this and a little of that' is. She says the recipe is in the book At Table with Family and Friends (it is a Victoria Magazine publication or sponsored publication) and that it is the only scone recipe in the book.
Very simple. Very good. I like it when she puts candied ginger in the scones, or dried cherries. Yum!
By the way Mr. Shave, that is a killer looking laquer or urethane job on your counter tops. Very nice!
Last edited by expat; 07-02-2012 at 03:17 AM.
- 07-02-2012 03:13 AM # ADS
- 07-02-2012 01:58 PM #22
I love recipes that are very simple and very good. I'll try to find it.
I totally understand when you say "Her eyes are her measuring cups!" I think I may "borrow" that one from time to time.
- 07-05-2012 07:50 AM #23
- 07-05-2012 07:51 AM #24
- 07-05-2012 07:05 PM #25
Wow looks great, love the repurposed basketball flooring for the table tops and all. How are the sales going, what all are you selling?
- 07-07-2012 06:30 PM #26
- 10-31-2012 12:32 AM #27
So I have been insanely busy running around, doing all those things that a unplanned manager would do
1. we will be adding bubble tea. This is to increase afternoon sales, when coffee starts to slow down. Also, shop before us sold bubble tea and there is a strong demand for it.
2. We will be modifying our espresso equipment and bar setup soon >:O
I'm going to say it is going to be a BEAST setup
hope everyone is having a fantastic fall
- 10-31-2012 11:32 AM #28
Glad to hear from you. Sounds like you are enjoying the many "benefits" of owning a shop. I never could figure out the alure of bubble tea. Not a big seller here in my part of Canada. How are you modifying your espresso equipment? Going bigger or just streamling things better? Are you hitting your projections or exceeding them?
- 11-19-2012 09:52 PM #29
- By CoffeePrince in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 1Last Post: 05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
- By ganaga in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 11-28-2011, 09:23 AM
- By caferedeye in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 8Last Post: 04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
- By latte4me in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & CafesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2006, 05:47 PM
- By Rowley in forum Coffee Industry ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2004, 12:11 AM