Manual Brew Issue (Hario V60)

MojowsCafe

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am thrilled to now be a member of your forum. I am the founder of Mojows Cafe in Panama City Beach, FL. As a coffee shop owner(a new one at that), I will surely benefit from the vast wisdom that ya'll share. In fact, I need some assistance now. I am having the following problem.....We manually brew coffee using a Hario V60 #2 and a pour over station that was hand-made by me. My customers love it and I love that they love it. The issue I am struggling with (keep in mind that this doesnt happen everytime) is that as the coffee flows from the Hario, it sometimes diverts onto the bottom flange and onto the copper pipe that holds the V60 brewer in place. It then drips off the copper piping and if I'm not careful about cup placement, coffee sometimes drips onto the cups rim and then runs down the side of our nice Ecoproducts Greenstripe cups. I consider myself a smart guy and believe I have ruled out the obvious causes such as the filter not being set properly(level,etc.) or being the correct size for the brewer, cup placement as mentioned above, defective brewer, etc.. What really has me frustrated is that it is entirely random in that every brewer I have DOES and sometimes DOES NOT do this when brewing. I am very careful about making sure things are the way they are supposed to be each and every time I brew. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I don't really do things "properly" like I think I am. It seems like everyone has there own method of doing things. I am hoping that there is someone who has insight as to what may be causeing it or can inform me of the elements, with respect to the equipment, to proper function of the Hario V60 brewer. I have pictures with descriptions to help clarify what's going on but I cannot attach them at this time because I am posting from my IPad. If need be, I can attach them with my laptop when I get home tonight. I look forward to your replies and am confident that I will get the help that I need here. Thank you. cheers!!

Latest posts