Coffee places in Madrid, Spain

albertsaab

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi people,

I have just moved over to Madrid and I been searching but I can't seem to find a proper coffee place, does anybody know where I could get a decent cup of espresso and milk based coffee? I been to Toma which eases my craving with their single origin and properly made espresso... but are there any other? Also does anyone know where I could get Hario products in Spain? Or is it better to just get it online?

Cheers!

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
greetings and welcome to the forums.

Any coffee shop you find in Madrid should have decent espresso based drinks.

albertsaab

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi eldub thanks for the reply. We are really having trouble finding a decent coffee place... it is easy enough to find coffee shops and cafes with espresso machines and grinder but they really can't make coffee... they don't tamp their coffee before putting the portafilter into the machine to say the least, and they don't froth the milk regardless of what you order. they just pour hot milk into the over extracted coffee which comes out like tap water and creates the infamous cafe con leche. The only place we found so far that has actual barista is cafe Toma... we want to know if there are other places that makes actual espresso with actual knowledge of coffee...