Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

kind of coffee

Im drinking Maxwell House Coffee-Original! Most people don't like "cheap" coffee,but it is my favorite.

Three Sisters

Description from Kicking Horse Coffee:

"Three Sisters...
    Three individual roasts that combine Central and South American with a touch of the South Pacific. (Medium Roast)"

Oddly, the package says it's a mix of light, medium, and dark roasts, and I can see this variety looking at the beans- a nice mix!
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -- Turkish Proverb

Re: White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by tintinet
    What does the "white coating" on the beans consist of?
    I was thinking maybe it was the coconut?

Quote Originally Posted by topher
    its called sweet snow...what is it...umm....its like a mixture of sugar and flavoring. tintinet you lost me on the 3 hookers...I mean sisters blend...what beans are in the blend? If you like robust stick with Indonesian or blends with Indoneasian coffees in them.
    The Three Sisters refers, i think, to the three roasts: light, medium, and dark. The Kicking Horse folks tend to be a bit obscure about exactly which beans are in their blends, but they do taste great!
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love." -- Turkish Proverb

Cafe Beau Rivage

topher generously sent me some samples of his roasting expertise: some Kona (I'm saving that for a family breakfast party next Saturday), some Tanzanian Peaberry (haven't broken that one open, yet) and some of his house blend, Cafe Beau Rivage.

I've been drinking the Cafe Beau Rivage like it was water- and damn good water! Super smooth, it's almost too drinkable! I end up taking in way more caffeine than I intend, and I keep staying up too late, just to drink some more! I got the coffee on Friday afternoon, and I may not have any of the Cafe Beau Rivage left to take into work Monday morning, I've been drinking so much!

A trip to Biloxi would be worth it just for the coffee!

Thanks, topher!

Coffee connoisseurs

I don't know how they do it! How do they find the descriptors for the flavors of coffee? (Ya know, it took me 5 minutes to even figure out how to spell connoisseur!)

Anyway, I've polished off topher's great and wonderful Cafe Beau Rivage house blend and just broken into the first round of Tanzanian Peaberry he roasted. Great stuff, with a range of flavors that roll on like small hills of sensation from the first taste to the end of the swallow! But how to describe those flavors? Hunting about the web, I find Tanzanian Peaberry descriptions mostly refering to "winey" tones. To me, though, wine is not one flavor- there are some I like, and some I don't, among the multiple varieties and vintages of wine, and I wouldn't describe wine as being one particular flavor. Whatever! I give up on the terminology of the descriptors of the fine gustatory experience of Tanzanian Peaberry, at least until I've savored more!

Tanzanian Peaberry is the house blend at my favorite coffee shop and it's the only brew that won't upset my stomach five hours later. I love it, although I usually stick to my Americanos.

Upset Stomach

Interesting Tanzanian Peaberry is easy on your stomach, compared to other coffees as it is often noted to be acidic and "winey." You might try Hawaiian Kona, renouned for being mellow.

More Mellow Coffee

I'm also drinking some Sumatra Mandheling. I find it rich but smooth, and non-acidic. Quite easy on the stomach, at least, on mine!

Super Moderator
    just a quick note...acidity is not a bad thing....for example..if you have a big wine....and no acidity what do you have? A mouth full of mud! Same with coffee....acidity is the bright snappines that you get from coffee..oh well not sure what I am saying...going through a caffiene crash!!
    EMBRACE THE ACIDITY!! Man I need sleep
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links