What kind of coffee are you drinking?

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
Caramel Macchiato

I visited 'A Taste of Heaven' this morning on my way to the office and grabbed a Caramel Macchiato. This is one tasty drink.

espresso
milk
vanilla syrup
caramel
whipcream

Served nice and hot is the way it should be served. Goes very well with my breakfast claw.

Attachments

• WIN_20141206_080222.JPG
    WIN_20141206_080222.JPG
    779.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WIN_20141206_081711.JPG
    WIN_20141206_081711.JPG
    880.9 KB · Views: 16
  • WIN_20141206_081720.JPG
    WIN_20141206_081720.JPG
    874.7 KB · Views: 12
  • WIN_20141206_082101.JPG
    WIN_20141206_082101.JPG
    855.3 KB · Views: 12

notmuffy

Mar 25, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Today I used up my last sample from a Christmas gift pack. It is from "Barnie's" , and the flavour is "Santa's white Christmas". I really can't describe it exept that it is not "christmas-y" but it is pretty good, and very different! Here is their description of it:
Flavored Santa's White Christmas®

The star of Barnie's lineup. Our #1 seller combines Barnie's Blend coffee with the flavors of coconut, nuts, sweet caramel and vanilla. This irresistible coffee will satisfy your craving for something smooth, rich and wonderful. Another fine Barnie's exclusive coffee.

http://www.barniescoffee.com/index.shtml

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Drinking Now

Right now, Kicking Horse Coffee Kootenay Crossing Blend :D

I'm almost out of this Canadian Import, however. Next up is more Kicking Horse, Three Sisters Blend

I really love the Kootenay Crossing Blend- very rich and smooth

I've not yet tasted the Three Sisters, but I'll report!

BTW, moderators, there appears to be some problem with some of the Emoticons- they keep eating my text!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
notmuffy....I dont drink flavored coffee but know that "santas white christmas" is one of their hottest sellers...but buy it whole bean and grind it yourself and you will see why Barnies managers cringe when you mention that coffee!! It has a white coating on it and it gums the grinders up like crazy!! I did a similar blend at my roastery....was only going to run it for x-mas and people are still asking for it(shouldn't have done it in the first place) Oh well give em what they want!!!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
White Christmas

What does the "white coating" on the beans consist of?

I can usually tolerate only small amounts of flavored coffee.

Right now, I'm drinking Kicking Horse Coffee's Three Sisters, a blend of light, dark, and medium roasts. It is quite mellow, but I find it less robust and less distinctive than the Kootenay Crossing blend.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
its called sweet snow...what is it...umm....its like a mixture of sugar and flavoring. tintinet you lost me on the 3 hookers...I mean sisters blend...what beans are in the blend? If you like robust stick with Indonesian or blends with Indoneasian coffees in them.

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Three Sisters

Description from Kicking Horse Coffee:

"Three Sisters...
Three individual roasts that combine Central and South American with a touch of the South Pacific. (Medium Roast)"

Oddly, the package says it's a mix of light, medium, and dark roasts, and I can see this variety looking at the beans- a nice mix!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
topher said:
its called sweet snow...what is it...umm....its like a mixture of sugar and flavoring. tintinet you lost me on the 3 hookers...I mean sisters blend...what beans are in the blend? If you like robust stick with Indonesian or blends with Indoneasian coffees in them.

The Three Sisters refers, i think, to the three roasts: light, medium, and dark. The Kicking Horse folks tend to be a bit obscure about exactly which beans are in their blends, but they do taste great!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Cafe Beau Rivage

topher generously sent me some samples of his roasting expertise: some Kona (I'm saving that for a family breakfast party next Saturday), some Tanzanian Peaberry (haven't broken that one open, yet) and some of his house blend, Cafe Beau Rivage.

I've been drinking the Cafe Beau Rivage like it was water- and damn good water! Super smooth, it's almost too drinkable! I end up taking in way more caffeine than I intend, and I keep staying up too late, just to drink some more! I got the coffee on Friday afternoon, and I may not have any of the Cafe Beau Rivage left to take into work Monday morning, I've been drinking so much! :-D

A trip to Biloxi would be worth it just for the coffee!

Thanks, topher!