Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Developing the Taste

This is a discussion on Developing the Taste within the Coffee Table forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Hi "breath9082" I'm curious. You said your sister is a "tea addict." Why does she want to switch from drinking tea to drinking coffee, especially ...

Super Moderator
    Hi "breath9082"

I'm curious. You said your sister is a "tea addict." Why does she want to switch from drinking tea to drinking coffee, especially if she has never liked coffee?

She can develop a taste for coffee if she's determined to do it, but I'm wondering why she wants to switch. If she enjoys drinking tea, why would she want to struggle to develope a taste for coffee???

I'm also wondering if you have been trying to talk her into switching from tea to coffee, and if she is just going along with it to please you .....

Rose

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hi "breath9082"

I'm curious. You said your sister is a "tea addict." Why does she want to switch from drinking tea to drinking coffee, especially if she has never liked coffee?

She can develop a taste for coffee if she's determined to do it, but I'm wondering why she wants to switch. If she enjoys drinking tea, why would she want to struggle to develope a taste for coffee???

I'm also wondering if you have been trying to talk her into switching from tea to coffee, and if she is just going along with it to please you .....

Rose
    Interesting Question. Maybe she just wants to try something new. It is quite possible that she wants to switch to coffee to have something to bond her to her sister, a common interest perhaps... If that is the case, while it is a good intention, as you mentioned in another thread, best to just live and let live, and let the sister have the tea while they enjoy the cup of coffee.

It's always good to be close to your family, and having common interests is one way of doing that. However, if that is what you are trying to accomplish, you might try and focus on more of a hobby than a beverage

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    Beans from a local roaster should be head and shoulders above "national" brands, such as Starbucks.

Do some research of your local area and find out who is roasting quality coffee beans. Start your sister with freshly roasted beans and she might very well become a fan of drinking coffee black. Introduce her to black coffee from Starbucks and she will probably decide she only likes coffee with cream and sweetener or that she just doesn't like the taste of coffee at all.

Hmmm right. Well, I always preferred national brands over beans from local roaster but perhaps not now, I guess.
    I know a few in the area who roast high quality coffee beans and I will soon be contacting them. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    I find taking a bath doesn't help with the morning "wall" LOL... That relaxes me too much and makes me want to crawl back into bed.
    Ah right but I am completely opposite to that. Once I take a morning bath, I cannot imagine of going back to bed and I find it useless to take rest when you have taken the bath with such hard work, lol.......
    Coffee then definitely additionally charges me and I get ready for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    Ah right but I am completely opposite to that. Once I take a morning bath, I cannot imagine of going back to bed and I find it useless to take rest when you have taken the bath with such hard work, lol.......
    Coffee then definitely additionally charges me and I get ready for the day.
    Hmmm... One important part of the equation you haven't mentioned, is it hot or cold? If it's cold, then YEAH that would keep you up for sure LOL... I remember having to bathe in cold water when I was up in the mountains and DAMN it was cold... It definitely gave me incentive to wake up and move around... LOL
    Also made me really grateful for that first cup of hot coffee lol....

They all asked when I was coming back.... The minute you install hot water, I might consider it!

LOL I can relate, half-full. I lived up in the Mendocino hills last year for five months with only the sun to heat my shower water.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Hmmm... One important part of the equation you haven't mentioned, is it hot or cold?
    Well, you can't say it cold, but it's not hot either. lol......
    I mean it is a bit colder than the lukewarm water but not genuinely cold enough. However, this is the type of water which I use for taking bath.
    Taking bath with warm water even makes me more sleepy. lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    Well, you can't say it cold, but it's not hot either. lol......
    I mean it is a bit colder than the lukewarm water but not genuinely cold enough. However, this is the type of water which I use for taking bath.
    Taking bath with warm water even makes me more sleepy. lol.....
    That's why I asked lol. I can't even begin to picture taking a cold bath.... *shudder* cold showers were bad enough. Eve in hot climates I like to bathe and take showers in hot water lol.. I guess it's all what you are used to.

People often looked at me funny when I absolutely had to have a hotel room in Costa Rica that was air-conditioned AND had hot water for the showers. I also preferred a place that had a heated pool... But of course, that is just asking for too much....

One thing that still puzzles me is why people (especially women) would want to take a bath. I mean you are just washing yourself in dirty water. At least with a shower that dirty/soapy water gets washed away.

Super Moderator
    I've always wondered the same thing too.

The soapy water doesn't magically disappear when you step out of the tub and dry yourself off with the towel.

I taught my kids that if they wanted to take a bath, they had to rinse themselves off under the shower when they were finished. Whenever we went away, I made sure the hotel had a tub and shower combination like we have at home.
    When they were young, they basically took a bath so they could play with the tub toys. As they became teenagers, the shower was what they favored. I have no patience sitting in a tub....the shower has always been fine for me....but I must have hot water!

Unfortunately, this thread has gotten off topic.

Rose
    Last edited by PinkRose; 10-19-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads