Get More From Freeloading Customers (Wi-Fi and electrical outlets)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
What the sludge? What the heck... This is NOT an advetising forum! oooooo... You are SOOO lucky I am not a MOD.... What the heck dude, would you walk into a coffeeshop and just stand on top of a table and blab this out? No? Then why would you do it here? Think man!

At least the other dude that was doing backlinking was less obvious.... Still obvious, but less obvious...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "WaltBitzer"

Wow! There was a lot of uproar about your post! As you can see, we have a lot of "watchdogs" keeping a close eye on this Coffee Forum.

Thanks for taking care of editing your post this morning. I certainly appreciate it.

It may be helpful for you to take a look at the Forum Rules page here: http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/announcements/5-rules-tos.html

Next time, if you have a business idea that you want to share, use the Business to Business (B2B) forum area.

Please at least try to start a discussion before you hit us with an infomercial.

Rose

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I removed the content of the thread. Just looking for some feedback, not necessarily an advertisement.

Not necessarily an ADVERTISEMENT? DUDE! It had a PHONE NUMBER and said "CALL NOW FOR INFORMATION"... What the HECK do YOU call and ADVERTISEMENT then?

If you were looking for feedback you coulda said "hey anyone seen those funky things in walls at cafes? They charge you for hooking up now? What's your take on that?"

Not technical specs, and a way to contact for information/pricing.... Sheesh....

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm just happy I didn't have to chime in on this one....

What... I'm new around here, has this happened before?
Seems off anyway.. Least dude removed it.

Maybe I was a bit harsh but still, I don't like spam, I can barely tolerate newspaper ads while I'm reading on the throne!

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No, you weren't harsh, imo.

I'm glad you thought this was the first time its happened lately. That means we've done a pretty good job in getting the messes cleaned up before too many people have to view the crap.

Btw, did you see the latest? (I've sent a message to a mod already.)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Must have missed the latest. I've been pretty busy getting ready for the new arrival (baby daughter due any day now).

Rest assured, if I see it, it'll get reported ;)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Thanks for helping us clean up the Coffee Forum!

It's great to have a few extra "watchdogs" to help us fight the spammers.

I can't figure out how they manage to get through, but it's wonderful that they quickly get squashed.

I hate the ones that make normal posts and then go back and add spam links to them. Those are hard to find sometimes.

Rose

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys!

Thanks for helping us clean up the Coffee Forum!

It's great to have a few extra "watchdogs" to help us fight the spammers.

I can't figure out how they manage to get through, but it's wonderful that they quickly get squashed.

I hate the ones that make normal posts and then go back and add spam links to them. Those are hard to find sometimes.

Rose

Always happy to help!

Uhmmm.. if memory serves, I thought there was a plugin or module that would seek out posts with links, and at least show you who's been linking in their posts. Although I could be wrong, but I could have sworn there was one like that.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm not aware of this Coffee Forum having such a thing. We have to look at each post one by one - It's annoying, and I'm quick to ban the sneaky people who go back and add Spam links to their posts (after I've already read them)

So, if you notice anything before I do, I'll always appreciate it when you let me know.

Rose