Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Coffee Price

This is a discussion on Coffee Price within the Coffee Table forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Lol but prices sometimes drive people crazy?...

Lol but prices sometimes drive people crazy?

2. # ADS

I apologize... But Yes! Coffee prices do sometimes drive me off the deep end!

I mean, come on... Sometimes it is warranted, as mentioned in other threads about ambiance etc... But for the most part it really isn't justified...

I remember going to one diner in good ol Canada, that served coffee at $3 a cup... MAN... Sludge city... and it was usually old to boot!

So drive me crazy? You bet... I wound up going to the local donut shop "Timmy's" for those in the know... and ordered a Triple Triple... Simply heaven, and I always bought my coffee there from then on... Despite the nasty rumors they put nicotine in their coffee! (which I am pretty sure wasn't true)

Here in Europe, you can get a cup of coffee from a neighborhood cafe for a fraction of what you pay to coffee chain such as Starbukcs.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee.lover View Post
    Here in Europe, you can get a cup of coffee from a neighborhood cafe for a fraction of what you pay to coffee chain such as Starbukcs.
    Never been to Europe, but I remember my mother commenting when she went a cup of coffee was about $4 and that was back in the 70's. What does a cup run there now?

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    One of my favorite quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

There are some other pretty good ones as well:

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

this one seems to apply:

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."

However, it is a needed evil. There is good in the world, and I too become depressed sometimes when studying the human condition. However, it is a sadness that is actually useful. It helps to remind me of my own humanity, and to stop and think before I act, and to weigh in if I really want to travel down the road I am traveling on. If we stop and remind ourselves of how we DON'T want to be, then we are in no danger of becoming that.

Once we put on the blinders, and choose to ignore.. We are doomed to repeat the very behavior we don't wish to repeat.

As "Rose" pointed out, we have certainly gone off topic
    Why don't we shift this discussion to a different "thread" under "off topic"?
    I really want to discuss this thing in detail with a person like you.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBrian View Post
    I know that in my travels in Europe instant was the most common. Even hotel rooms had instant coffee in them. Here in Canada a large coffee at most 7/11,Mcdonalds and Tim Hortons are around $1.50 to $1.80 and most restaurants are in this price range. Most coffee shops are also in this range, with lattes and cap's in the $3.00 range.
    Brian
    I'm from Canada and I approve this message

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ads