Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coffee Price

This is a discussion on Coffee Price within the Coffee Table forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; I was just wondering about the coffee price in different countries/states/areas. What is the price of coffee in your country/state/area? I know there will be ...

Coffee Price

I was just wondering about the coffee price in different countries/states/areas. What is the price of coffee in your country/state/area? I know there will be different brands definitely but I just want to know the price of an average coffee which is most famous there? (You can mention the price in your local currency).

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    I was just wondering about the coffee price in different countries/states/areas. What is the price of coffee in your country/state/area? I know there will be different brands definitely but I just want to know the price of an average coffee which is most famous there? (You can mention the price in your local currency).
    Well this depends a great deal on the brands as you mentioned, and are you asking about "unmade" coffee, or coffee you buy in a restaurant etc? Also instant coffee or not?

OK, so first off, the majority of coffee sold in these parts is instant (at least in the supermarket) and depending on the brand and the size of the package it runs between $0.10 (single serving size) and $5 (which is enough for about 60 cups so about $0.08 a cup)

Coffee bought in restaurants and coffee chains runs anywhere from $0.05 per cup to $5 per cup (being most expensive)

It all depends as I mentioned

of course its so different. if in country who import coffee maybe it will be more expensive than the country who produce the coffee. like in my country. i can enjoy cup of coffee for less than $1. $1 will make 5 cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by ridwananugrahp View Post
    of course its so different. if in country who import coffee maybe it will be more expensive than the country who produce the coffee. like in my country. i can enjoy cup of coffee for less than $1. $1 will make 5 cup of coffee.
    Here exports quite a bit. But yes, if a country grows it, it will definitely be less expensive

$1 for 5 cups of coffee, sounds about same as around these parts.

MyMugsHalfFull:: You say instant coffee is the norm in your neck of the woods? Where are you located?

Even here in the midwest, (Iowa) specialty coffee is becoming the norm.

I know that in my travels in Europe instant was the most common. Even hotel rooms had instant coffee in them. Here in Canada a large coffee at most 7/11,Mcdonalds and Tim Hortons are around $1.50 to $1.80 and most restaurants are in this price range. Most coffee shops are also in this range, with lattes and cap's in the $3.00 range.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by eldub View Post
    MyMugsHalfFull:: You say instant coffee is the norm in your neck of the woods? Where are you located?

Even here in the midwest, (Iowa) specialty coffee is becoming the norm.
    I'm located in coffee haven, Central America, specifically a country called Nicaragua. I grew up in Canada though

Yes, instant coffee is the norm around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Well this depends a great deal on the brands as you mentioned, and are you asking about "unmade" coffee, or coffee you buy in a restaurant etc? Also instant coffee or not?

OK, so first off, the majority of coffee sold in these parts is instant (at least in the supermarket) and depending on the brand and the size of the package it runs between $0.10 (single serving size) and $5 (which is enough for about 60 cups so about $0.08 a cup)

Coffee bought in restaurants and coffee chains runs anywhere from $0.05 per cup to $5 per cup (being most expensive)

It all depends as I mentioned
    Sorry for not being extremely clear in my question.
    I was actually asking about both "unmade" (instant) coffee and also the one which is available in "restaurant".
    OMG, coffee is quite cheap in your part of the world especially the one bought in restaurants.
    How is the quality of coffee which is available for $0.05 in the restaurants? Is it pretty good? OMG, I mean 20 cups of coffee in just $1? Amazing,,,.....

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    Sorry for not being extremely clear in my question.
    I was actually asking about both "unmade" (instant) coffee and also the one which is available in "restaurant".
    OMG, coffee is quite cheap in your part of the world especially the one bought in restaurants.
    How is the quality of coffee which is available for $0.05 in the restaurants? Is it pretty good? OMG, I mean 20 cups of coffee in just $1? Amazing,,,.....
    Well, I use the term "restaurant" loosely. (This would be the price of a coffee from a stand in a bus station, which they call a "restaurant"). First off, the coffee you get for $0.05 is a very small cup (I would say like 100 mL), and generally speaking it's instant.. It really isn't good for much accept on those long bus trips to try and give the illusion of waking up. 20 cups of coffee.... Would be roughly I think about 3 and a half cups of "normal" sized coffee. Still cheaper. However, it is often also very watered down, room temperature at best, and if you're lucky, it's freshly made at least. I have seen it where they sell the same coffee two days in a row... YUCK....

However, good quality, generally runs about $0.75 to $1.00.

If you want good/cheap coffee than you will want to stay away from the hotels and larger food chains.

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Well, I use the term "restaurant" loosely. (This would be the price of a coffee from a stand in a bus station, which they call a "restaurant"). First off, the coffee you get for $0.05 is a very small cup (I would say like 100 mL), and generally speaking it's instant.. It really isn't good for much accept on those long bus trips to try and give the illusion of waking up. 20 cups of coffee.... Would be roughly I think about 3 and a half cups of "normal" sized coffee. Still cheaper. However, it is often also very watered down, room temperature at best, and if you're lucky, it's freshly made at least. I have seen it where they sell the same coffee two days in a row... YUCK....

However, good quality, generally runs about $0.75 to $1.00.

If you want good/cheap coffee than you will want to stay away from the hotels and larger food chains.
    I know generally, the standard of coffee which is available at bus stops/train stations and even at the air-ports is not good. But still, if that is available for $0.05 (small cup), that is pretty nice to serve that "waking up" purpose.
    Good quality coffee for $1 is still pretty fine, according to my own opinion.
    Yeah, larger food chains generally don't produce good quality coffee but in my vicinity (where I live), there are a few local cafes which really have really good coffee. However, these cafes are mainly for youngsters, not in the strict sense, but they have all the components to attract youngsters.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads