Coffee in your Area

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So I was interested in knowing that how far from your own house is coffee available in your area? Or to put it simply, How far do you have to walk on foot or drive in order to get the prepared coffee from some restaurant or cafe in your area? Let's share. :star:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, not very far... I have coffee available to me within a block (actually less than a block). If you want an expensive cup of coffee I only need to walk a total of about half a block. Cheaper, yet alright coffee, I need to walk a little bit farther for, about a block. Of course I can just go to the supermarket and buy a bag of gourmet coffee and make it myself and it's in the same block :)

So, I really don't need to go very far. Of course, I generally don't buy cups of coffee from the local restaurants and shops, I tend to make my own ;)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The "Burbs" huh... Yeah, so like a 10 to 15 minute drive for a cup of coffee *shudder* I couldn't imagine driving 10 minutes for anything now LOL... Everything is so close, and convenient, it's going to be bad when I need to move again LOL...

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, not very far... I have coffee available to me within a block (actually less than a block). If you want an expensive cup of coffee I only need to walk a total of about half a block. Cheaper, yet alright coffee, I need to walk a little bit farther for, about a block. Of course I can just go to the supermarket and buy a bag of gourmet coffee and make it myself and it's in the same block :)

So, I really don't need to go very far. Of course, I generally don't buy cups of coffee from the local restaurants and shops, I tend to make my own ;)

OMG, you live in coffee area, you drink coffee, you are surrounded by coffee !
COFFEE COFFEE EVERYWHERE ! ;)

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have to travel about 10 minutes unless it is by dogsled which takes about an hour. JK we got a foot of snow last week and it wasn' very nice.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have to travel about 10 minutes unless it is by dogsled which takes about an hour. JK we got a foot of snow last week and it wasn' very nice.

OMG, this is pretty much far and for a person like me, wufff......this is way too much.
And a foot of snow,? How do you walk in your street? Canada is really cold. Ahhhhh, I am freezing by the thought of it.
:oops:

I am about 10 minutes away from the coffee shop that I am employed at (walking distance) I refuse to walk here though because I have to come through a rougher part of the city to get here. Knowing that I would have to put myself in danger (possible) defers me from walking so I am here in no time & then because its a smaller shop & on of the only ones in this part of town, I have the advantage of being here all the time (which I am) so I benefit by having the ability to pretty much drink coffee or espresso all day long. It's wonderful.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I am about 10 minutes away from the coffee shop that I am employed at (walking distance) I refuse to walk here though because I have to come through a rougher part of the city to get here. Knowing that I would have to put myself in danger (possible) defers me from walking so I am here in no time & then because its a smaller shop & on of the only ones in this part of town, I have the advantage of being here all the time (which I am) so I benefit by having the ability to pretty much drink coffee or espresso all day long. It's wonderful.

So, how do you go to your coffee shop since you mentioned that you do not go there on foot. And wow, you are one really lucky person since you have the opportunity to drink espresso all day long, Wow.....:coffee1:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I get a ride. I waiting on getting a car sometimes I bicycle there.

Oh that is nice. So you don't need to do exercise since you bicycle there. That is nice and I wish I could do the same. The problem though is that my office is way too far from my house, so I cannot bicycle there. :oops: