Buying and brewing advice for a non drinker

carter840

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I don't drink coffee except for the rare occasion where I am absolutely exhausted. That said my girlfriend is a huge coffee addict and being the nice guy I am I make her a cup every morning while she is getting ready. She loves coffee and getting her a cup immediately puts a smile on her face and is always worth my time in the AM. Anyway her Birthday is approaching and I would like to get her something that will make a better cup of coffee that then the $20 brewer we currently have from Mr. Coffee. We typically make 1 or 2 cups each morning and I am looking at pour over coffee and also buying a burr grinder. My total budget for everything is $120. Can someone recommend a decent burr grinder (can be by hand) a good pour over system (I was thinking the clever coffee dipper) and also a good site online to buy fresh roasted beans.

I hope this post makes sense, just really trying to do some research and get her something nice.
Thanks

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I like the Clever pour-overs.

We sell them in our shop as well as freshly roasted organic coffees from around the world.

lw

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello carter840 and welcome.
So it is brownie points you are going for? I see that you have done some research which is very encouraging. The Clever is a great way to make a cup of coffee and you need a decent grinder which you have stated. As far as roasters you might want to check locally to get your coffee as only 2 cups per day will not use to much coffee and you will have stale coffee before you can use it all so a local roaster might be a better idea where maybe you can order a smaller amount and not have to pay shipping costs on a small amount. Good luck
Brian

geeekygeek

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Delonghi Kmix Drip coffee maker

What about Delonghi Kmix Drip coffe maker?
What you think about it?
:razz:
I would buy drip maker not above 200$ your suggestons?

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome geeekygeek
I think the point is that he has a budget of $120 to get a decent grinder and a brewing device, that is why his suggestion of the Clever and a grinder is a very good suggestion.

carter840

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome geeekygeek
I think the point is that he has a budget of $120 to get a decent grinder and a brewing device, that is why his suggestion of the Clever and a grinder is a very good suggestion.

Exactly so basically I am looking to get a clever and then need a suggestion on a good grinder. I am guessing it will have to be a hand grinder to meet my cost restraigts since more cheap burr grinders don't seem very well rated. Any suggestions on a hand grinder that will fit my needs.
Thanks for the help

geeekygeek

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Need advice :)

Ok i am interested to buy DeLonghi Drip coffe maker.Can someone who tried this coffee maker tell me his impression and do you have better suggestion for that money? :coffeemug:

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not too familiar with either of these coffee makers but it depends on 2 things really.
1) Budget
2) how much coffee drank at one sitting. ie) do you have 3 or 4 people drinking at the same time? Will you go through a pot in 1/2 hour? What type of beans are you using? Fresh roasted or store bought?
The main things I look for in a drip brewer are brewing temperature and that it has an insulated caraffe.
If you are just drinking 1 or 2 cups first thing you might want to get a grinder and a pour over set-up but that again depends on what you are looking for.
Brian

geeekygeek

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am grinding it at store.I am buying usually 200 grams,because i like to have fresh grinded.It depends usually 200 grams last 10 days..:coffee1: