International Coffee Day

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering that "international coffee day" should be celebrated worldwide on regular basis, I mean annually. At present, only a few countries celebrate this international coffee day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Coffee_Day
My point of view is that since coffee is such a wonderful and beneficial beverage, this day should be celebrated with much more zeal and zest. What is your take on this one? Does your country celebrate international coffee day? Have you ever been a part of this day? Let us discuss.
:coffee1:

Last edited:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Nope. They don't celebrate international coffee day here.

And when I lived in Canada, they didn't make a big deal out of September 29th either. I don't remember one flag, banner, advertisement, or even acknowledgement of the day.

Costa Rica either. Although it is really close to their independence day, so I guess international coffee day gets lost in the shuffle. It's an interesting idea though.

I could imagine at least having a sort of fair where you could sample and celebrate the different coffees from around the world, but haven't seen any of those around either.

We could always use more Holidays! :D

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol, yes actually, there should be an international holiday on the international coffee day worldwide. That is a very important point which I missed.
Okay, so you have also lived in Costa Rica, that is pretty interesting to know. I always desire to visit countries like Costa Rica, Ecuador, Ghana, West Indies etc.
Coming back to the topic on a serious note though, it would be great if international coffee day is observed worldwide on a serious level. I mean just imagine everyone going out for coffee, coffee stalls everywhere in the city, mega stores offering special coffee deals, restaurants and cafes having coffee shows and........Wowooooooooo!
:coffee1:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I think such fun days need to be celebrated nationally as well as internationally in each and every country of the world. This is really needed in order to lessen if not minimize the continuous disappointing states of several countries. :check:

rosstaylor

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the most important thing …and that thing is that… On this day, companies around the world offer free and also discounted cups of coffee. Some companies share coupons and offers with their loyal followers via social media.

evanclosson

May 18, 2010
Patchogue, NY
Visit site
This past year we celebrated it in our cafe (New York) by giving out free size upgrades on drinks. Many customers here actually have heard of it... and expected something because all the national chains were doing deals nearby.

Like Rose I didn't know such a day existed which is actually interesting to me. My boss has been in the business for 5 years and never even mentioned anything about this wonderful day. And as someone else said every day is a coffee day for me. I drink coffee more than I drink any other type of beverage. I know some places in America celebrate because of the post about the New York coffee shop. I am disappointment that I knew nothing about it because I surely would have done something to celebrate.