The 2012 Coffee Forums Holiday Gift Guide!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
coffee-forums-logo.png

Trying to find that perfect Coffee related gift for the holidays? The CoffeeForums.com Community is here to help! We are asking all members to post a link in this thread to a good holiday gift / suggestion. Please limit your links ONLY to big well known retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, etc. We don't want this thread spammed with links to personal shops, etc.

Any coffee related item is welcome in here and we hope that we'll have a good list together so members can get ideas. So, post them up!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 14, 2010
Coffee Country, USA
Visit site
Such a great idea Dan! Here's some stuff I'm either already on order with or interested in ordering.

First off, I was really stoked when I saw this project come up on Kickstarter, so I've been a backer for a while now and we are finally getting close to having units shipping. It's a PID-Controlled Espresso Machine! Here's a link:

PID-Controlled Espresso Machine by Gleb Polyakov and Igor Zamlinsky ? Kickstarter

To go with that, having a nice Espresso Press would be good as well!

Amazon.com: Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker: Kitchen & Dining

Another great addition, the Baratza Vario grinder!

Amazon.com: Baratza Vario Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder: Home & Kitchen

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Here's something you don't see every day!

coffee-siphoon.png

Northwest Glass Yama Coffee Siphon Vacuum Po

Directions for use; use a slightly finer grind of coffee. Drop the washable, reusable cloth covered filter into the infussion chamber with the chain hanging down into the glass syphon tube. Pull the chain down until you can hook it to the bottom of the siphon tube. Fill the bottom carafe to the 5 mark with hot water and place 5 measuring spoons of coffee in top chamber. Fill the burner with soot free denatured alcohol, ethyl or an ethyl / isopropyl mixture that's high on the ethanol side - isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) tends burns hotter than ethyl or methyl alcohols, but also burns orange and produces a lot of soot. This is available at hardware or outdoor stores. It takes about 4 minutes to heat the water, all the water is siphoned to the top chamber and then allow 2 minutes to brew. Once you remove from the heat source, the coffee comes back down to the bottom carafe. Remove the top, placing it in its convertible lid/stand, and bring the pot to the table for serving.

Northwest Glass Yama TCA-5D 20-Ounce Coffee Siphon Vacuum Pot, 1-Unit: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Brazilian Pure Coffee Luxury Scrub Soap Bar with Organic Coffee Butter and Essential Oils

An invigorating blend of ground *Brazilian *espresso beans creates the ultimate exfoliating experience. We combine the coffee espresso beans with cocoa butter and our recipe of (palm), coconut, olive and (castor oils)along with orange essential oils and hazelnut makes a rich blend of coffee scents-- a deep, rich chocolate coupled with dark roasted (coffee)essence and a hint of citrus and nuts

Amazon.com: Brazilian Pure Coffee Luxury Scrub Soap Bar with Organic Coffee Butter and Essential Oils: Health & Personal Care

Last edited by a moderator:

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
How many people can say they have their own Coffee Bean plant? :)

Hirt's Arabica Coffee Bean Plant - Grow & Brew Your Own Coffee Beans

The original home of the coffee plant is Africa. The first coffee plant of economic importance was Coffea Arabica. It grows to the height of 2-3 feet but the cultivated plants are cut to the height of 1-2 feet to get more width. The leaves of the coffee are lustrous dark green with lighter underside. The flowers emerge from the branches together with the leaves. The white coffee flower has five petals and a scent resembling that of jasmine. The coffee berries are cherry-sized and green at first, turning dark red later on. The ripening takes eight months. The coffee plant can simultaneously have flowers and berries in all stages of development. The coffee tree requires temperature of 65-80 degrees F. Thus, the coffee tree is a tropical plant. The plant you will receive is growing in a 4" pot and is about 8" tall. There are multiple plants in the pot.

Amazon.com: Arabica Coffee Bean Plant - 4" pot - Grow & Brew Your Own: Patio, Lawn & Garden

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
The I Love Coffee Book! Over 100 Easy and Delicious Coffee Drinks

Here are some reviews:
"Like their cousins the bartenders, baristas practice an art of endless expression. Susan Zimmer has done a wonderful job of presenting some of their finest works, both the classics and the cutting edge of abstract espresso-ism"
-Mike Ferguson, Specialty Coffee Association of America

"A powerful link between the coffee professional and the coffee consumer. The technical information is presented clearly and "smartly," the humor is professional...and the recipes and photos are extraordinary." -- Miles Small, Editor CoffeeTalk Magazine

"Coffee recipes or references, coffee facts or fun - whatever your reason for pouring into the vast world of coffee, Susan Zimmer teaches it all in this "how-to" coffee handbook." -- SAECO Canada Ltd

I Love Coffee! Over 100 Easy and Delicious Coffee Drinks: Susan Zimmer: 9780740763779: Amazon.com: Books

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
artandcraftofcoffeebook.jpeg

Book Idea: The Art and Craft of Coffee: An Enthusiast's Guide to Selecting, Roasting, and Brewing Exquisite Coffee
“In the decades that Kevin Sinnott has spent meeting with and interviewing hundreds of coffee professionals, rather than crossing over to the dark side and becoming one himself, he has taken what he has learned and translated it from coffee geek-speak into English. Why? For the sole purpose of allowing you to better enjoy your coffee. In short, if you like coffee, you will love this book.” —Oren Bloostein, proprietor of Oren’s Daily Roast

There is no other beverage that gives you a better way to travel the world than coffee. You can literally taste the volcanic lava from Sumatra, smell the spice fields of India, and lift your spirits to the Colombian mountaintops in your morning cup of joe. The Art and Craft of Coffee shows you how to get the most out of your coffee, from fresh-roasted bean to hand-crafted brew.

The Art and Craft of Coffee: An Enthusiast's Guide to Selecting, Roasting, and Brewing Exquisite Coffee: Kevin Sinnott: 9781592535637: Amazon.com: Books

siri

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Kenyan AA Coffee! Coffee with a purpose!!

This coffee is a direct trade product from Infusco Coffee Roasters, out of Sawyer, MI. This coffee is supporting coffee farmers in the Mboni region of Kenya. It is helping to first raise their standard of living, but it is also seeking to teach them to raise better quality and more productive crops of coffee. Check them out at infuscocoffee.com. Also see the video regarding this incredible cup of coffee.

Attachments

• Kenyan Kahawa Tamu.JPG
    Kenyan Kahawa Tamu.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 486

VinylFire

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a few ideas....

lgbin7.jpeg
Thomas Hammer bin7 Coffee
The absolute best coffee my wife and I have ever had is the bin7 blend from Thomas Hammer Coffee in Spokane, WA. It's kind of expensive, but they only sell it once a year, right after Thanksgiving, and it usually only lasts about a month or two. It comes in really nice "air release" tin. Here is the description from their website:
This BIG and unique peaberry coffee boasts a balanced cup with complex layers of flavor. It offers up a citrus tartness fused with a hint of sweet chocolate, aroma of toasted cocoa and nut and a lingering, syrupy finish. Savor this one with friends -T.
The description is accurate. It is a REALLY good cup of coffee.

Buy Here: https://webstore.technologyservices...fee/Browse_Item_Details.asp?HSD=1&Item_ID=145

41CYH2JH86L.jpeg
Filtron Cold Brew Maker
Another favorite of mine is the Filtron Coffee Brewer. As we speak, I'm drinking a cup of coffee from our latest batch of this stuff. If you are not familiar with the cold brew method, basically, it's where you let water sit in ground coffee for a certain period of time. The end product that you drain out is extremely concentrated coffee that you add hot water to. The process of having the water sit in the ground coffee removes up to 67% of the acidity in coffee, leaving you with the smoothest coffee you've ever had. It's highly caffeinated, but it's easier on your stomach. It's pretty much the only way that my wife and I drink coffee anymore.

The brewed concentrate lasts for 5-6 weeks and stores in a container that Filtron provides. My wife and I host a lot of people at our house that drink a lot of coffee. We are able to do this fairly affordably by using the Filtron Coldbrew by purchasing the 3lb "House Blend" from Costco. It's roasted by Starbucks and it's a medium roast. It's not too bad in the Coldbrew and it's $18 for 3lbs.

This fellow demonstrates how the Filtron system works.

Cold Brew Coffee - YouTube

Buy Here: Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

41HedrpYJSL._SX450_.jpeg
Toddy Cold Brew Maker
A similar and less expensive system to the Filtron is the Toddy. Same process, but I think it brews less coffee than the filtron.

Buy Here: Toddy T2N Cold Brew System: Amazon.com: Home & Kitchen

414HYjanuBL._SY450_.jpeg
Capresso Infinite Conical Burr Grinder
Because we have 5 adults living in our household that all drink coffee and because we have 30-50 adults coming through our home on any given week, our Cuisinart Coffee Grinder finally bit the dust. Last month I did a ton of research on coffee grinders and found that they are not all created equal. I finally landed on the Capresso Infinitely Conical Burr Grinder. Basically what I found is that Conical Burr grinders are the best kind. They are built for the long haul and they are not near as noisy because. With our Cuisinart, people couldn't talk and hear themselves while it was going, but with this Capresso, you can totally hold a conversation while it is grinding. We paid a little about $120 for it to get the full stainless steel version, but it should last us for a very long time.

Buy Here: Capresso 565 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder, Stainless Steel: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
coffee-flavor-syrup.jpeg

[h=1]Torani Variety Pack, Regular, 25.4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)[/h]
  • Pack of six, 25.4-ounces per bottle (total of 152.4 ounces)
  • Includes one bottle of each of vanilla, hazelnut, caramel, peppermint, raspberry and french vanilla
  • Can help you make truly creative flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies, italian sodas and more
  • A careful blend of all-natural extracts
  • Made using only the finest ingredients
  • Expiration date of the product is found on the outside of the box

Buy Here! Torani Variety Pack, Regular, 25.4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

wicked

Administrator
Mar 23, 2011
San Jose CA.
Visit site
KRUPS Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine

KrupsEA82.jpg

FEATURES:

• Automatic espresso and coffee settings
  • Uses any unground beans
  • Built-in milk frother
  • Removable coffee grounds tray
  • Comes in red and black
INFO:

• MSRP: $1,200 ($740 on Amazon)

Krups Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine

KRUPS EA82 Espressaria Full Automatic
Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine

A lifetime of quality craftsmanship and beautiful design since 1946

Combining Passion, Precision, and Perfection, KRUPS EA82 Espressaria Full Automatic Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine perfects the art of coffee and espresso preparation and simplifies it into an easy-to-use, all-in-one kitchen appliance.

Whether you want an espresso, coffee, creamy cappuccino, or simple cup of tea, the KRUPS EA82 Espressaria Full Automatic Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine has been designed so you can enjoy cafe quality beverages at home. Thanks to its compact Thermo-block System, 15 bar pump and stainless steel burr grinder, you will get the perfect cup of coffee or espresso every time.
The KRUPS EA82 Espresseria Full Automatic Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine features a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen to help you personalize your coffee/espresso size, strength, and quantity of your drink. An easy-to-use steam nozzle froths milk in seconds for a creamy, hot latte, or cappuccino. The quiet and efficient conical burr grinder prevents overheating and preserves the aroma of the beans for a superior cup of coffee or espresso. The water filtration system guarantees a better tasting cup of coffee and prolongs the life of the machine.

Amazon Link - KRUPS EA8255001 Espresseria Full Automatic Espresso Machine with built-in conical burr grinder, Red: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Mar 23, 2011
San Jose CA.
Visit site
Hario V60 Drip Pour Over Coffee Scale and Timer VST-2000

hariov60.jpg

Making the perfect pourover is now made easier with the Hario coffee weight scale and timer. The scale measures in 0.1 gram increments which make your coffee more consistent than ever before. Not only that, the scale includes a timer to help you perfect that pour as you use the Hario V60 setup.

Product Details

• Amazon Sales Rank: #11848 in Kitchen & Housewares
  • Color: Black
  • Brand: Hario
  • Model: VST-2000B
  • Dimensions: 1.18" h x 4.72" w x 7.48" l, .60 pounds

Features

• Make consistently great coffee every time!
  • The Hario scale measures in 0.1 gram increments
  • Includes a drip timer for perfect bloom times and pours each time.
  • Max weight of 2000 grams
  • Uses 2 AAA batteries (included)

Price: $69.99 : Amazon Link - Hario V60 Drip Pour Over Coffee Scale and Timer VST-2000: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining