OK I have to know!!

ChopShopCoffee

Dec 6, 2012
Tukwila,WA
Visit site
I was working in a Cafe before I opened my own stand and never experimented to much with different syrups. Well the coffee stand I took over was a bikini stand and they have almost every syrup there is to offer! But there are a couple that I just dont get.....LIKE B52???? Whats that taste like?? Or Amaretto? are they nutty flavor?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I knew what it was but googled it to verify. I have tasted it in syrup form but not really a fan of davinci syrups. I have had the drink before...but didn't like it...too sweet. I am a black coffee drinker and prefer beer over liquor. Love me a good espresso stout!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It all comes down to preference. I used to roast for the ex president of Monin USA. I have never had bad quality product from them. I did switch to Routin 1883 syrups for a while but they were going through some transitions and had some issues with receiving an order so I switched back to Monin. You should call a Monin rep and have them do a demo. You will really like their product. Side note. I have nothing to gain by promoting Monin...just like the product.

ChopShopCoffee

Dec 6, 2012
Tukwila,WA
Visit site
Yea I have heard alot of good things about Monin....Question tho is their pricing comparable to others or is it higher priced. This is my first week n a half so I am struggle still with getting things going and dont wanna put myself in the hole. Thanks!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
The Amaretto syrup has an almond taste with a slight hint of apricot. It is slightly more brownish than almond syrup. It's a combination of almond and apricot oil (from the pit)

In the past year or so, it seems that people tend to prefer the almond syrup instead of the amaretto. The manager in the cafe where I work told me not to order amaretto syrup anymore because the bottles just sit around collecting dust.

Rose