Does this site censor posts

Anamandy

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Two times I submitted a post and 2 times it disappeared. There was nothing controversial about the post except to tell about a common practice coffee sellers (big names) were now using to save money. I included a link where anyone interested could read about the story. Just curious why a post like that would deserve censoring?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Anamandy

I'm not sure which posts you're referring to. Do your remember which thread you put them in?

The Forum moderators and administrators review the posts and delete the ones that don't seem appropriate for the Coffee Forum. If your post appeared like you were advertising for something non-coffee related, it probably got deleted. It if looked like SPAM, it got deleted. If you inserted links to non-coffee related websites, that could be a problem too.

I don't recall reading a post like you described. It's often difficult to decide if a post should go or stay when it's questionable, and I'm pretty sure I'd remember a post like you described.

If you can give me an idea which thread you put the post in, I'll be able to take a look and see if it's been deleted and if it's still there (but not visiblle to the entire forum).

Rose

Anamandy

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rose, I posted a link to the article The Bitter Truth About Why Your Coffee Isn't Tasting as Good Lately. I posted it twice and each time the article disappeared. All the article was talking about was why all the major brand coffees no longer have the rich fragrance or taste we normally expect because they were mixing Arabica beans with cheaper Robusta beans. Don't understand how an article like that would be controversial.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Well, maybe their sponsors didn't like it.... lol ... That is the truth about the major brand coffee. For us, 50cents a pound really doesn't mean anything but when you are selling millions pounds of coffee a day, that translates into tons of millions of dollars.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi again "Anamandy"

I don't think an article like that would be controversial enough to be deleted, unless maybe within the article there was a link to something "unwelcome" (like a SPAM website).

Is this the article that you are referring to?
The Bitter Truth About Why Your Coffee Isn't Tasting as Good Lately - DailyFinance

I don't see anything wrong with it.... It's a mystery to me why it was deleted.

Rose

veraderock

Staff Member
Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi Anamandy,

I've run a scan through our database and the only posts that include text matching that link above are within this thread, meaning your original posts either never made it to the database or were hard deleted (not able to be recovered).

This is definitely not a topic that the forum management would want censored, in fact I ask you to please repost it again as that is information I believe many members would be very interested in. Which forum did you originally post it in? We don't have commercial industry people able to remove posts on the site, however we do have moderator members assigned to different sections to keep it clean, I have to assume (and hope) it was removed in error.

The benefit to you reposting now, is that there is a log of who deletes which thread but it's logged by database ID. Since your original post is deleted from the database I don't know the thread ID, however if it were to be deleted a third time, so long as I get the thread ID we can find out who deleted it. And if it doesn't get deleted, well then good, we'll assume it was in error the first 2 times.

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi again "Anamandy"

I don't think an article like that would be controversial enough to be deleted, unless maybe within the article there was a link to something "unwelcome" (like a SPAM website).

Is this the article that you are referring to?
The Bitter Truth About Why Your Coffee Isn't Tasting as Good Lately - DailyFinance

I don't see anything wrong with it.... It's a mystery to me why it was deleted.

Rose

YES! That turned out to be the post in question - GOOD JOB on retrieving it!