Cowboy Coffee

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Here's an article I wrote on Coffee Retreat but I am not sure if it will be too long to post here. If it is then you can read the rest and view some pretty cool Cowboy & Coffee related pictures at the end of the post. I removed the affiliates links from the body of this post so as not to get into trouble with Topher :wink:
_________

What do you think about when you hear the phrase "Cowboy Coffee"? Hmmm, that sounds like a great brand name and I just might look into doing something like that unless one of the readers beat me to it.

Wow! I took a break to look it up and discovered that there is already cowboy coffee out there but they call it "Cowboy Mud" and not only is there cowboy coffee but a book on how to MAKE cowboy coffee.

I guess I am about to date my age because I have just "put on a pot of coffee" to percolate while I create some posts.
It made me think of the old black and white cowboy movies of years gone by (age date) and how they would brew their coffee over an open fire and "put on a pot of coffee"; that is essentially what I am doing at the time of this post over the open flame on my stove.

Now, I know I can't be the only one who love the taste of stovetop coffee that has been brewed over a low fire for forty five minutes.
When I brew like that, I can usually empty a 12-cup percolator in two to three hours.

Now I have heard and read the post, blogs and recommendations how the perfect cup of coffee is to be brewed/pressed at a certain degree and within a short amount of time or you will lose precious flavor of the coffee.

It's only been about twelve years since I have been drinking coffee brewed and prepared other ways beside the old-fashion way of stovetop and even drip-coffee to a certain degree.

The stovetop percolating has been my primary mode of brewing coffee for many, many years and I am often selected as the one to prepare the coffee during the social gatherings whether I use an open flame or an electric burner. (Using an open flame or an electric burner is a post for another day because I have notice a difference in the taste/flavor as well).

I often find myself consuming coffee by way of K-Cups often because of the fast preparation. However, when I know I have the time, I will revert back to the tried and true method of slow brewing over a low heat. I am hard pressed to remember the coffee being bitter at all due to over-cooking.

The time it takes to prepare coffee this way has a way of teasing and tantalizing your taste buds in anticipation of that first poured cup of coffee. The aroma being permeated throughout the house produce such a relaxing atmosphere to the point that I can accomplish so much. However, it is also distracting because at times, it breaks my concentration to the point that all I can think about is savoring that first cup followed by a second cup.

Well now, I reckon I will mosey along and check on the "mud" that the legendary cowboys drank.

Happy trails to ya'

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello CoffeeMate,

Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more obvious that you are using the Coffee Forum to promote your blog/website. The Forum moderators and administrators are constantly working to keep this a SPAM free forum, and your posts are starting to look like SPAM.

It appears that Topher already contacted you about the links in your recent posts. It was very disrespectful to make that comment, and you are very lucky that you haven't been banned from the Forum (yet).

We value every forum member, which is one of the reasons why we work very hard to keep this forum as SPAM free as possilbe. When you constantly mention your blog, or add links to your blog, or even hint about your blog, you look like a SPAMMER.

I'm going to leave this post as it is for now, but don't be surprised if it's gone tomorrow.

Rose

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I apologize Rose and I do not mean to be disrespectful. I promise it WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN and of course you may take the post down.

I also would like to apologize to the group as well if I offended anyone.

For punishment I will drink a lukewarm cup of coffee :heart:

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
.....all my Spanish neighbors drank Café Bustelo, ..... :)

There you go spending my money because now I have to try it. I see it has pretty good reviews on Amazon and can be purchased at Wal-mart so Cafe Bustelo it is!

Thanks for the info :)