Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Grinding beans
- 02-27-2013, 08:39 AM #1
First of all, I LIKE DUNKIN DOGNUTS COFFEE.
I do not like STARBUCKS.
It seems that lately my "coffee taste" has changed...could be that the coffee I mad in the CUISINART machine was OK, (just OK) but then somehow I couldn't drink it any longer, bitter off tasting....tried fresh beans of various kinds, all tasted bitter, and the onoly coffee I could drink was DUNKIN.
We just came off a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Celebrity and I found the coffee awful, couldn't wait for DUNKIN !
Someone on the ship suggested that I grind the beans to trhe finest setting I had...VOILE, drinkable coffee with month old DD beans!
- 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM #2
I grind (dark roast) beans that I buy in the bulk section of my local grocery store/farmer's market, using an old Zassnehaus mill. I grind according to what method I use: fine for my Vesubio, not quite as fine for my Braun, a little coarser for my dripolators, and coarser still for my press pot.
If I set my Zass for the "finest setting", it would be powder, and I haven't tried Turkish yet...
- By thewilliams1 in forum Coffee RoastersReplies: 5Last Post: 06-04-2009, 11:02 AM
- By ArabBeaker in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso BeansReplies: 13Last Post: 03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
- By surfnron in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 8Last Post: 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
- By TTTTom in forum Coffee RoastersReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2006, 04:02 AM
- By Jake in forum Coffee and Espresso MachinesReplies: 6Last Post: 12-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Search tags for this page
vitamix grind coffee forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.