Favorite single origins

jaupro

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What is everyone here's single origins coffee bean? So far I've tried ( in order of fav to least favorite)

Panama boquete
Jamaican blue mountain
Ethiopian yirgacheffe
Tanzanian peaberry

My tops on my wishlist are currently

Sumatra
Kona

Any other recommendations?

What are your favorites?

maxpower

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Ethiopian yirgacheffe is my current favorite.

I have also tried...
Sumatra Mandheling
Brazil Mogiana
Costa Rica Terrazu

...but the Ethiopian is my favorite

Actually, those may not be single origin. I know the Brazil Mogiana comes from three different farms but are in the same region.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
No farm specific, producer/washing station specific beans???

My favorite would be Panama Carmen Estate, their select lot above 1900 meters.

And The 100% Bourbon offering from Siberia Estate in El Salvador has also been a great coffee year after year.

Also, you can't go wrong with any of the Kenya SL-28 coffees. That is consistently the best cultivar in the region, better than the SL-34, and although the RUI-11, which tends to be peaberry, is a really nice cup, it doesn't have the dark fruit jammy sweetness and complexity of the SL-28.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My favorite is Sumatra Mandehling and Ethiopian Yirgacheffee. Hoping to be able to try Kona next :).

Flori
Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If Jamacian Blue Mountain gets to be too expensive for you, try Papua New Guinea. It's been my favorite for the past few years. I hope my son got the hint that I dropped on him last week, and he'll buy me some coffee beans for Mother's Day. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with flowers again this year....but I really prefer coffee!

Rose

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had some Papua the other week and it was great. Currently drinking Colombia Cordillera Central (central Andes - highest elevation).

Latest posts