Is this the best place to ask about Smoothie/coffee truck?

Giantdiver1974

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am looking at a mobile smoothie and coffee truck and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to the potential profits one could make owning one of these trucks. Also if there are pitfalls that I should look out for if indeed I go down this road. Thank you!
Greg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hellp "Giantdiver1974"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

We have several members who operate mobile coffee trucks. It may take a few days for them to pay a visit to the Coffee Forums and see your post, so please be patient.

In the meantime, we have a search feature that's at the top right corner of your screen. You can type in your search topic and see some of the posts that people have made in the past.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hello Giantdiver1974
I do not own a truck but few of my friends own coffee trucks and does tons of events.
I think the major problem is the promotions.
You always have to contact to put out your truck.
You won't make any money by sitting your tuck around so you need to call and call and call.
One of my friend does many events in Detroit.
One of them was with City of Detroit and paired with Irish Cream manufacture and they sold over 300 cups of coffee per hour for 4-5 hours 3 days weekend.
They charged over 8-9 dollars per cup. Of course they had to buy the liquor.
I think if you can be creative, you can make tons but also those events are limited and you need to be able to keep your business out there.

The most difficult about the truck coffee business is the first couple of years.
You get very discouraged when there no business and you end up quitting before you get your business go. It is much easier to give up with coffee truck since you have no rent or employee commitments.
You need to be very self motivated and have good business plan.

Good luck

P.S. One of my friends had 2 coffee house and now he only has 3 trucks and says he makes 3 times more money then coffee house and works 1/2 of the time....

Last edited:

Giantdiver1974

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks you guys! This would be for a smoothie/coffee truck and definitely like the concept of driving from location to location and selling not only great coffee but 100% natural smoothies too as they are extremely popular these days. I will look forward to speaking with you all some more on this subject before I make my decision. Thank you! Greg

FredBT

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am selling a 2006 Seattle Coffee truck "Original" model. See their web site. About 18,000 miles. Asking $40k.It is equipped for smoothies.

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
This is a very interesting investment and venture you are thinking off. Thanks CoffeeJunky for the insights and information. This are very good points you have there. Hope Giantdiver1974 can update us on what is happening now on his venture :)

Flori,
Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:

alank

May 5, 2013
Florida
Visit site
I don't have a coffee truck, but I have owned businesses in the past.

My advice to you is know your customer and how to find them. Espresso coffee is very popular and your customer just might be in densely populated areas (isolated office parks, industrial sites not near retail). It might not be easy for them to run out to a coffee shop, or just have busy jobs. You want to become an office cafeteria.

There's so much more you need to do, but this is where I would start.

Good luck!

kingcoffee

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, if you have not gotten a mobile coffee van yet, iam selling one that is in excellent condition!20008 freightliner sprinter 3500 high Roof 170.12,726 Miles, 3.0 l turbo Diesel V6, automatic, p/w, p/l, c/c,t/w, a/c, am/fm/cd, ABS, Dual airbags, 1 ton, p/mirrors, sliding side cargo door w/o window, rear cargo doors w/windows, divider wall w/walk-through, Powertech 15KW Diesel Generator, Aux Battery, 50 AMP Shore power, EXPOBAR Dual espresso Machine, Bumm Commercial Coffee Grinder, Bunn CW Series Commercial coffee Brewer, hamilton Beach Commercial Blender, Dual 2 Basin Sinks w/faucets, 4GAL Electric Hot Water Heater, Water Purification System, ASCEND Double Door Counter-Height Regrigerator, 12 Volt Water Pump, LED Overhead Lighting, Dual 13,500 BTU Rooftop A/C Units, Air Tronic Digital Dielsel Heater, Fresh & Waste Water Holding Tanks, Edgestar 65lb Capacity Ice Maker, ***Factory 5yr/100k DieselEngine Limited Warrany Remains!!! > Warrant Start Date 02-01-2010***

please let me know if you would like pics or more info. The coffee van is in ohio and we are asking 59,900.00. good Luck!

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
i agree with alank. knowing your target customers first would open you with ideas you do not have at first.

flori
blogger, coffeeloversofworld.com