Vietnamese coffee powder+drip

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Do you want to try to make espresso with Vietnamese coffee powder? Is what you have ground coffee or is it instant coffee powder? There is a big difference.

You can try it, but you may not like the result.

Rose

Last edited:

maisatomai

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Do you want to try to make espresso with Vietnamese coffee powder? Is what you have ground coffee or is it instant coffee powder? There is a big difference.

You can try it, but you may not like the result.

Rose
Thanks PinkRose. Don't think it is instant coffee as it is supposed to be brewed with the drip method. I will try once to test whether it is nice

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
If your coffee is meant for drip it is not ground fine enough for espresso. Do not try to re grind your coffee or you will have a mess in your grinder. Go to a gourmet coffee store and request espresso and they should be able to help you.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Thanks PinkRose. Don't think it is instant coffee as it is supposed to be brewed with the drip method. I will try once to test whether it is nice
doubt it will be nice, you can place the drip grinds in a portafilter.... but won't taste good as it wasn't ground for espresso use, end up with an under extracted gusher.