Anybody have frequent coffe cup leaks?

CoffeeMan12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, guys. I would greatly appreciate it if you could fill out a short survey for my engineering class on a leak - proof disposable coffee cup design.

Mainly, my group and I are trying to design a leak proof coffee cup for major retailers, like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.

Filling out a short survey on your coffee cup experiences would be a great help.

Thanks!

I'll follow up with the link shortly.

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I don't have any problem with leaking cups.
They have cup that is heat proof which sold more then million cups a day.

I would think there is market for cup that can be made cheaper and biodegradable.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
How long does the leak proof cup need to be leak proof?

I would think that most people drink their coffee within an hour of buying it and just toss the cup away. If it's made to be too leakproof, it probably wouldn't decompose as fast - maybe it would take 10 years instead of 5 (just guessing).

CoffeeMan12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Unfortunately, I can't post links until I hit 5 posts, so I'll be making a couple of small posts in this thread if that's alright.

CoffeeMan12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought there would be leak issues with current cup designs, but I guess not.

However, we can begin focus on making more biodegradable designs with some new features.

Anything in particular that you would want to see on a disposable coffee cup?

CoffeeMan12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Also, which one of these coffee cup lid designs do you see the most?

Lids.jpg

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
The coffee shop where I work uses flat lids like the one that's on the third row down and second from the left. So, that's the one that I see the most.
I don't like those lids. I prefer the design that has the little spout.

CoffeeMan12

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Since I've hit 5 posts, I'll post my survey in the next one.

Getting this survey out to as many people as you can would be greatly appreciated.

JoesBib

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello all! Are you're sick and tired of gourmet style coffee cups leaking and staining your shirts? Well Joe's Bib can help!

Joe's Bib is a new product designed to soak up coffee cup leaks and act as a heat protector. It is reusable and eco-friendly.

Checkout joesbib.com

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello all! Are you're sick and tired of gourmet style coffee cups leaking and staining your shirts? Well Joe's Bib can help!

Joe's Bib is a new product designed to soak up coffee cup leaks and act as a heat protector. It is reusable and eco-friendly.

Checkout joesbib.com

Hello JoesBib,

It appears that you have dug up an old thread from 2013.

It would have been much better if you had written an introduction in the Introductions thread before you started trying to sell us your product.

I took a look at Joes bibs on the website, and it looks like the bib may be okay for people who dribble their coffee as they drink it, but they're really not for coffee cup lids (or cups) that are leaking.

Plus, I can't imagine anyone wanting to use (and reuse) a bib like that on a disposable coffee cup.

You've made your sales pitch. There is really no need to dig up any more old threads.

Rose