Corporate Shills Suck

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm really tired of folks registering here for the sole purpose of shilling for corporate entities. This place has become a magnate for paid posters wanting to promote their coffee related products to a targeted audience.

Shame on you slimy shills for thinking this community is too stupid to see through your shananigans.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
It really does detract from the overall experience of this forum. There are lots of good and knowledgeable people here; hopefully the people that show up for disingenuous purposes won't keep this place from being what it is really designed to be, a forum for learning more about coffee, how to roast, brew, and enjoy. I think it's just the name coffeeforums.com, it's so generic that it's no doubt one of the first thing that comes to mind when looking for the right place for the wrong reasons.

Knight

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
eldub
In my opinion, I don't think you're very clever or have much understanding.

If you really think that I worked for Lavazza, then you are not insane,not a mental patient, not whatever. Just plain silly.
Get over yourself.
:coffee:

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, thank you very much for that clean bill of health. Btw, I prefer to think of myself as un-sane.

You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you, you're so vain....

Last edited:

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
More importantly, the moderator(s) need to be much more active at disabling these accounts and vetting new accounts or traffic from real people will be driven away. I may or may not speak for myself. There are other, better moderated forums y'know.

Knight

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, thank you very much for that clean bill of health. Btw, I prefer to think of myself as un-sane.

You're so vain, you probably think this thread is about you, you're so vain....
I wish you good day, you're a good decent guy but lets be honest here; we got our selves in a nicker twist.
clam down, crab your juicebox, take a nap.

lovethatcoffee

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I must agree with all that are against being sold to/advertising schemes. I'm here to learn and be part of this community. I agree that anyone trying to pedal their commerce should be stricken from the lists!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
We've tried to control the advertising and the "in your face" commerce posts, etc. by creating the Business to Business and Deals and Specials areas in the Forum. Sometimes people have items or services that may be of interest to members of the Coffee Forum.

Unfortunately, some people play by the rules, and some people don't. We zap the ones who try to SPAM the forum whenever we can.

We need more watchdogs! Two active (unpaid volunteer) Moderators aren't enough.

Rose