A New Brewing Method that Combines French Press and Pour Over

Immersetnick

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
b4cfb8a6bb9c78190fdf5d64bacfaebf_large.jpg
Here's our latest coffee (and tea) invention. The Immerset brewer which is now funding on Kickstarter. bit.ly/immerset Check it out and I'd love to hear your feedback and answer questions.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Looks like it's the same as a Clever Coffee Dripper or Bonavita Immersion Brewer, only with a different valve on the bottom. I'm sure it works great, but it's evolution not revolution.

My main question is, does the shape accommodate a Kone or other metal filter, for those who want to get away from paper filters?

Immersetnick

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
[h=1]"Many devices in the market utilize springs, hidden screws and clever levers that often result in dirt and bacteria traps."[/h]Immerset features a patented, tool free helical valve and assembly system that provides a hygienic and easy to use brewing and dispensing platform. The helical valve also offers better dispensing control. At every step of the process the design was focused on ease of use, durability and ease of cleaning. (hygiene is a big one)

Immersetnick

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
info graphics-corrected.jpg
Here is a realistic visual of the tool free assembly of the device. Insulated stainless steel brew chamber with a slim sleek design.

paypalboutique

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Alton Brown did an episode of Good Eats one of his True Brew episodes where he did that. You can make your own if you buy the Technivorm Brew Basket with Manual Drip-Stop KBT CDT KBTS and KB741. Seattle coffee gear has it. I think they are the only ones that sell the basket, the picture shows the reverse side of the basket, but the manual drip model has a shut off switch not shown in pic. They also have the Technivorm Brew Basket Lid if you want to keep the liquid warm, but it's out of stock right now. You could just buy some ABS plastic and make your own lid.