Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Any thoughts about a coffee subscription?...

That way you would ensure that great coffee is coming through your door and there is no need for your wife to purchase at the grocery store? There are many roasters that have subscriptions available with different delivery schedules so you get what you will consume and not waste...

I am lucky enough to have a wife that loves coffee and takes the time to understand quality... She has however cursed me for ruining her diner coffee experience... Oops...

Cheers!
    Chris Zimmerman
    Co-Owner/Operator Ellipsis Coffeehouse

My husband loves the smell of coffe but can't stand the taste of ANY coffee. I love the stuff, provided it's quality coffee of course. I have several coffee makers ranging form my camp fire percolator to a French press to the k-cup machine my husband just bought me today. (Thankfully he also bought the reusable cup that lets me put my own coffee in there.) He also got me a 50 cup variety pack of k-cups, all 50 different. Looks like I'm in for a few cups of not so great coffee LOL. He was trying to be nice and get me things I'd appreciate so, I will appreciate ever cup of it, even if it tastes like sewer sludge if he's home when I try a bad one.

Now we also have and Insinkerator (on demand near boiling water instantly at the sink.) so naturally he though instant coffee would be great with that thing. We went rounds over that. I don't do instant.

We had a moment this morning. We had breakfast at a place run by one of the local roasters. I wanted some beans from Mexico and my wife knew that and knew this roaster normally carries them. I looked at the first bag of Mexican beans and saw the roast date was 9 days ago and told my wife I was going to pass. We went and ordered breakfast at the counter and she turned around an moved the bag of beans at the front and pulled out the bag behind it and pointed to me it had a roast date two days ago. Progress!

Super Moderator
    Congratulations on your progress! Sometimes we all need to take baby steps to get where we want to go.

My wife hates the taste of coffee but is absoluetly addicted to the smell...which is kinda win win for me because it means I don't have to share....however, she does often insist on taking my cup and sniffing it until it gets cold.....i picked a weird one.

This is HUGE!

My wife is going to take a 1 hour class in brewing with the Chemex with me at a local coffee shop/roaster.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Parsons View Post
    My wife hates the taste of coffee but is absoluetly addicted to the smell...which is kinda win win for me because it means I don't have to share....however, she does often insist on taking my cup and sniffing it until it gets cold.....i picked a weird one.
    You both must be a very cute couple.
    I had heard somewhere that sharing a cup of coffee/tea actually increases the love between the lovers/couples. I wish that one day when I will marry a girl who loves coffee, I won't let her make her own cup of coffee. Instead, I'll share my cup of coffee with her.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Coffee does not ask silly questions, Coffee Understands!!

Quote Originally Posted by janry View Post
    This is HUGE!

My wife is going to take a 1 hour class in brewing with the Chemex with me at a local coffee shop/roaster.
    Good for you! Out of all the brewing methods I have tried, I like Chemex brewing the best.
    The true Chemex filters are a little pricey, so I purchased the Coava cone(now Able cone)Welcome
    I use a Hario kettle. I usually have to brew a good amount for son and daughter too.
    (my wife loves the smell and really loves coffee ice cream, but not a chance, will she drink coffee!).
    So I grind it coarse grind, so I can get a good brew time. May take a while to master the brewing technique,
    But well worth it! Enjoy the class!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJakJava View Post
    Out of all the brewing methods I have tried, I like Chemex brewing the best
    I've been using the Chemex for about 6 months and love it but I'm self-taught, mostly relying upon the internet for my instruction. I'm sure there are one or more things I could do better so the reason I'm taking the class. I'm anxious to taste how the coffee from someone else's Chemex pot taste compared to what I make. One issue I have is I can't get the sides of the filter to seal well to the pot if I pre-rinse the filter. It is fine if I don't pre-rinse so I'd like to see and question a barista as to the proper technique.

But the great thing is how eager my wife jumped in when I told her I was signing up. She doesn't normally jump in my activities so that she volunteered for this tells me she is beginning to enjoy the coffee more and wants to learn.

I got my wife to switch from instant coffee with milk to lattes I make for her. It was a long grueling process, going through filter coffee off the shelf, than ho me ground, then home roasted, and eventually latte... She's grateful for it, and recently she had a cup of filter coffee and thought it tasted funny...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links