Worst coffee I've ever tried!

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
We dropped by our local Fresh Market yesterday afternoon and I was looking at their coffee selections as they do carry some good stuff including beans from a couple of our local roasters. I chose a bag to buy then noticed they had a pump thermos of brewed coffee for sampling. The coffee was their store brand but I decided I'd try it.

Whoa! This stuff was so burnt tasting it made Starbucks seem like a light roast. I seriously took a big slurp to get the full flavor and just about threw up. I didn't want to but there as a trash can by the table to throw the disposable cups in, and I finally sprayed that crap in the trash can. Seriously, I wonder if someone decided to prank customers and mixed some kind of charcoal filtering material with hot water.

The worse part is my brewed coffee this morning tasted a bit like it. I guess I didn't brush my teeth well enough last night.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I do wonder if maybe someone cleaned the dispenser before putting the coffee in it but didn't pour out all of what they cleaned it with. After I tasted it, I told my wife I would wait for her in the car and as I walked to the car, about halfway through the parking lot, I stopped and started gagging about to vomit. Anyone that saw me probably thought I was drunk.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
The worse part is my brewed coffee this morning tasted a bit like it. I guess I didn't brush my teeth well enough last night.

Was the brewed coffee that you made this morning made from the bag of beans that you bought at that store on the same day that you had the terrible coffee? Maybe the coffee was bad.

It's also possible that you're still traumatized by the experience, and maybe your mind is still making you recall the horrible taste from yesterday. It may happen for a few days, no matter what coffee you drink.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
Was the brewed coffee that you made this morning made from the bag of beans that you bought at that store on the same day that you had the terrible coffee? Maybe the coffee was bad.

It's also possible that you're still traumatized by the experience, and maybe your mind is still making you recall the horrible taste from yesterday. It may happen for a few days, no matter what coffee you drink.

No, this mornings coffee was the same I've been using for the past week. I think you're right about being somewhat traumatized. The more I think about it, the more I think something was bad wrong other than then beans themselves being the problem. I'm now feeling bad that I didn't say something to a store employee but at the time, I just wanted to get outside.

I don't know how the coffee was brewed but maybe a careless employee left if on the burner too long and instead of admitting it and throwing it out, put it in the dispenser.

mholguin

Apr 1, 2014
New Mexico
Visit site
That's bad, sounds like a nightmare.

Could have been stale coffee, or maybe the water wasn't filtered. There's a lot that could have been the problem. Hope you never have to witness that again.