Cone shaped or flat bottom grounds for reusable Keurig?

Poutses

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The coffee blend I want to use with my reusable Keurig filter comes ground in two versions: one is for cone shaped filters, the other is for flat bottom filters. I'm not sure which one is right, since k-cups are a bit cone shaped but have a flat bottom. Here is an image of the filter.

keurig-my-k-cup-reusable-coffee-filter-detail.jpg

CMA

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Personally I use Kirkland Columbian Coffee from Costco because that's what my wife brings home. It is one of the few that comes in a 3 lb. can and I like it better than most canned brands such as Yuban, Don Francisco, etc. I'm too old and impatient to fool around with coffee grinders and all that. I just want my coffee an hour ago and keep it coming. The official Keurig reusable cups are okay, but tedious. I've tried a number of other options. There are several types available and most are okay, but in my opinion, the Cafe Cup is the best. it is flat on bottom, sits on the counter. You don't have to pull out the sleeve in the coffee maker and it's easy to rinse and reuse. When this was originally introduced on TV it got some really bad flack because the vendors not only sold the cafe cups but overcharged and apparently pulled all sorts of shenanigans. However, now you can pick up a pack of 4 at places like Walgreen's, stores that carry "As seen on TV products" etc. I've had mine for several months now without any problem at all. I seem to remember them costing only about $10 for a pack of 4. The Solo Cup has a tiny bottom and won't stand alone. Another brand I tried has a flat bottom, but has bumps inside (so I can fit into the machine) and is a little harder to rinse.:smile:

Last edited: