Cold brewing in milk.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Milk is so perishable that it doesn't really seem like the best idea to extract coffee with it , IMO. At least from a commercial perspective.

MatthewMcFists

May 30, 2014
Apopka, Florida
Visit site
@CoffeeJunky In fridge? As in leaving the cold brew in the fridge? That's how I always do mine. I make what are essentially large teabags out of coffee filters and let them float in a jar of water in the fridge for 24 hours. Although I feel that using lose grounds in the water gives better results, I haven't found an effective way to filter the brew that way.

@eldub I'd be doing the cold brew in milk for personal enjoyment. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it before and the results they had.

MatthewMcFists

May 30, 2014
Apopka, Florida
Visit site
I made 2 cups of milk cold brew at a 1:6 ratio for 26 hours. It has a really smooth taste at the start and ends in a strong coffee flavor. I don't think it is worth doing again, but I would encourage that everyone tries it once. The coffee extracted just fine, but I did notice a layer of froth on top of the cold brew after I stirred the grounds in, which stayed for the entire time until I poured into a glass.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
For two cups of milk I might try 3-4 T of coffee grounds.

Nothing wrong with frothy coffee/milk, IMO.

Btw, 1/6 ratio is closer to a concentrate than ready-to-drink, IMO.

Last edited: