Coffee Gift

misterzee

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
If I wanted to give a coffee enthusiast a gift, what would look classy? Keep in mind, he already has a coffee machine, etc. -- I need something unique and classy.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
If i was the guy (coffee enthusiast), i would love to receive Geisha from Panama / Pacamara from El Salvador / Mundo Novo from Guatemala freshly ground coffee beans or green beans (if he has a roaster) perhaps 1 lbs of each, as a gift. That would be totally Awesome.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
If I wanted to give a coffee enthusiast a gift, what would look classy? Keep in mind, he already has a coffee machine, etc. -- I need something unique and classy.

Are you looking for a special coffee, or are you looking for an item that's not coffee?

At first I was going to suggest artwork or sculptures that are made from coffee beans, but now I'm not sure what you're looking for.

manis

Jul 15, 2014
New York
Visit site

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Civet coffee (kopi luwak) is regarded as classy but comes from a very unethical source. It may be tempting to give it as a gift but I would stay away from anything that has to do with it.

You can see some articles here on the animal cruelty that's involved in Civet Coffee:
(1) PETA Investigation: Civets Suffer for Vile Coffee | Take Action | PETAAsiaPacific.com - 1
(2) CaffeineLand.com - Kopi Luwak
(3) Civet coffee: why it's time to cut the crap | Life and style | theguardian.com

yes, that was the one of the reasons that I did not put Luwak into my "gift coffee". the other reason would be the price. And they say that 40% of luwak could be fake, so why do you want to take that kind of chance? with that money, we can buy so much of great coffees from all over the world.
It is just marketing hype / supply & demand.
flavor is unique and different, however, i do not think that is worth it.