Questions on Ice-Blended, Iced Coffee, Frappucino and etc

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if Ice-blended coffee is the same as ice coffee? I mean if its Cafe Mocha, its ice-blended coffee or ice coffee equivalent is just its cold? Also is frappucino just a milkshake?
Sorry for trouble.

miguel_ang16

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if Ice-blended coffee is the same as ice coffee? I mean if its Cafe Mocha, its ice-blended coffee or ice coffee equivalent is just its cold? Also is frappucino just a milkshake?
Sorry for trouble.

hello! i hope my knowledge can help you

frappucino's are trademarked by starbucks, you'll get sued if you use 'em hehe.. you can use the terms such as frappe or frappé or ice blended coffees

Cold beverages
Iced Coffees = you put some ice in the cup to make a drink e.g. iced cafe mocha, caramel iced latte, iced cafe americano
Iced-Blended = is you blend the ice using your blender to make it smooth

blended coffee-based beverages are called frappe
blended non-coffee beverages are called smoothies

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your information sir! So basically, your menu in Hot Coffee Beverage is the same as menu in Blended Coffee Based Beverage.

Also, when you refer to non-coffee beverage like smoothie, are you referring to fruit-based beverages?

Also, when somebody refers about "specialty coffee", they are referring to a quality bean, 80 and above point grade, or something. Right? And not some "Special" coffee of a particular coffeeshop.

Also, is gourmet and premium coffee also another coffee bean that also scored high?

Basically, gourmet coffee or premium coffee is always a specialty coffee but specialty coffee can either gourmet and premium coffee or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Last edited:

miguel_ang16

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your information sir! So basically, your menu in Hot Coffee Beverage is the same as menu in Blended Coffee Based Beverage.

Also, when you refer to non-coffee beverage like smoothie, are you referring to fruit-based beverages?

Also, when somebody refers about "specialty coffee", they are referring to a quality bean, 80 and above point grade, or something. Right? And not some "Special" coffee of a particular coffeeshop.

Also, is gourmet and premium coffee also another coffee bean that also scored high?

Basically, gourmet coffee or premium coffee is always a specialty coffee but specialty coffee can either gourmet and premium coffee or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

you can actually play with your menu sir… for my hot beverages i go for the standard, basically espresso shot - dopio and tripio, cappuccino, latte, americano, mocha, macchiato, brewed etc..

while my iced and blended ones are all depends on you..

you can categorized your your smoothies depends on what you are going to offer.. not all smoothie are fruit-based, some customers will order mocha iced-blended but without espresso shot in it, same is thru with caramel blended without coffee in it… versatility my friend e.g fruit smoothies or shakes or cooler.. in my opinion try to separate it with your other beverages. for the customer able to see it well organize.

yes, specialty coffee for me are the beans.. where they come from, how is it roasted etc. --- it is different when you call it house specialty or signature beverages..

regarding the premium coffee, in my point of view.. it is very high. haven;t tried it yet.

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I guess versatility is essential feature. I didn't know until now that you can actually order a drink without an espresso. I might try it when I come visit another coffee shop.

Thank you for your knowledge! :))