Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ensoluna,

Thanks for taking the time to navigate through that mess. Personally, I don't care what they are or aren't doing. And again, the "respectable" has to be in context. Actually knowing whether Whole Foods is better than Target is a piece of information that I would only have passing interest at knowing.

I suppose I am not surprised by lack of facts or journalistic integrity when it comes to someone's own PR. The whole Target/CoE was a topic of discussion on various coffee boards a few years ago. Maybe it was something started by company shills. Who knows.
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT
    caffedbolla.com

Banned
    thanks for your reply. Yes, I believe that was some sort of silly marketing scheme from Target, combined with total lack of facts or integrity because whoever wrote the story does not even know about coffee like you or even me.
    Knowing you, John, I thank you for your classy response to my posting.
    thanks again and have a great day.

I've found a couple of local places that roast and ship beans as ordered so I get them the day after they are roasted, you can't get much fresher than that. I could pick them up but don't much care for driving into Tampa so shipping works for me.

Super Moderator
    some great people in Tampa. If you get a chance pop into buddy brew....they do a great job! Where are you located flphotog? There is also a new member to the forum that is located in Clearwater. I used to roast for Bern's in Tampa...I miss Tampa
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    some great people in Tampa. If you get a chance pop into buddy brew....they do a great job! Where are you located flphotog? There is also a new member to the forum that is located in Clearwater. I used to roast for Bern's in Tampa...I miss Tampa
    I have a Clearwater mailing address but actually in Pinellas county. I was at Bern's many years ago while I still lived in Orlando but never went back. I'm probably one of the few people who didn't care for their steaks.
    You want a good steak, try The Red Fox in Middleburg VA, they have a Filet Mignon you can cut with a fork.
    Last edited by flphotog; 10-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.

I agree with you John, I love Target's new coffee selection that actually has a pretty good coffee under there target brand "Archer Farms" and I love it. Another new discovery product I found that goes great with my coffee mug is "Mug Hugger". It keeps my coffee nice and hot for over an hour that I use at work so I don't have to get up and reheat it again. You guys should check it out... http://mug-hugger.com/
    Last edited by chrisyx21; 11-21-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    Traders Joes use to be roasted by Araban Hingham MA just south of Boston. They use to be in Boston until the Big Dig bought them out. They went under 3 years ago. They lost the TJ account and that started the downward spiral. I heard TJ's picked up a large roasting from the Midwest with Canadian ties. Was told the name but never kept it in memory
    You aren't thinking of Caribou are you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links