question about dropshipping!

cuddlycobra

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello there everyone! :D

for a long time now.. I've been looking into the possibility of running my own coffee company and just never found a good way to do so (I live in a small apartment.. so I don't have much space for inventory)

So just the other day I came across dropshipping, it sounded like what I needed to get this going.. being able to sell coffee and not have the inventory at my house!

I have found a few webpages that say they "dropship", I'm just wondering if there are signs that they might not be the best to deal with, seeming how I might be very naive and jump into this with out knowing the red flags!

and also, would be be better to advertise my self on ebay.. or make a webpage? (or both! :p)

anyways, thank you for your time and feedback! :D

C.J.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Let me give an example....

I'm a coffee roaster and we add value to the equation by bringing green beans into our shop and then roasting them. People buy our beans and then come back for more. Folks can also get online and buy our roasted beans. I'm happy to ship anywhere.

in your business model the only value I can see would be the potential to find new customers for our beans. But you don't have any plans to ever take possession of our beans, so the fee we'd be willing to pay for your service (which, apparently doesn't include you actually handling any of the "processing" of the beans from farm to table.

So, IMO, the fee one would/could actually earn for the service provided (as a middle man who never takes possession of any inventory and therefore has no risk) would have to be considerably less than our wholesale accounts who sell our products in their shops and markets.

jhamilton

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
dropship wholesale

I have been dropshipping for almost 2 years now on Amazon & Ebay. Making anywhere from 500-1000/week. The biggest problem was finding legitimate drop-shippers that left enough profit margin after all the fee's + shipping.

If you would like me to point you in the right direction of some of my personal sources let me know.

[email protected]