Anybody from Northern California?

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
In the general area of Sacramento? I'm hoping some of you might be familiar with some of the roasters around here and who might be willing to share their opinions of some of the blends available from the roasters.

Thanks in advance, Y'all..... 8)

Redswing

May 30, 2013
Northern California
Visit site
Have you tried Temple? I'm no critic, but they are a top notch roaster in Sacramento. I'm about 70 miles south, been there a couple times. Can't think of any others off hand...will ask at the shop I frequent.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Thanks for the lead, Redswing. I don't know how that one slipped by me when I was looking. I see Temple has more than one location in Sacramento. I'll definitely check them out. The only other one I found is called Wild Hawk Roasters. I'm presently waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks again..... :)

seeingcoffee

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Baccus, I'm in Sacramento. Temple is definitely a good choice. Eton (their coffee director) is a great guy and loves talking coffee. You can also try Old Soul and talk to Ryan. Insight Coffee Roasters is the newer kid on the block, but they have a lot of knowledge and good offerings. Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters is also a good choice. And lastly, there is Coffee Works, the oldest game in town. They are old school and roast on a Sivetz. Good guys, but second wave.

Last edited:

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
Thanks, GKcoffee. That's a great idea. I'd love to visit Seattle again. I used to live there and I love the city and the area. Unfortunately, it's just not in the cards for me at this point.

Besides, I'm such a newb in the coffee world I'm still trying to figure out the right questions to ask. I'd be completely out of my element up there (or anywhere) amongst folks who know their stuff.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Marty, there will be plenty of people at the SCCA in a similar position. I don't know how much benefit you'd derive as a consumer, since most exhibitors will be geared to those in the industry. But you'd have lots of fun and learn some new stuff.

I'm booking my airline tickets today for the show, and will be in Seattle April 9-13. If you do head up, it would be good to meet you.

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
What a hoot that'd be! I can see it all, now - coffee and cigars 'til hell won't have it. Ha HAA!

I'll make a note of it, Peter, but don't hold your breath. Considering my age, health, and other factors it isn't a strong likelihood. :-(