• Half Cube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Candyland

Jan 13, 2015
Tennessee
Visit site
I am ready to purchase a Manitowoc Ice Machine :sugarcube::sugarcube::sugarcube::sugarcube::sugarcube: and am not sure if I should choose whole cube or half cube. I've done some research and seen it argued both ways but thought I'd ask for some sound advice.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I am ready to purchase a Manitowoc Ice Machine :sugarcube::sugarcube::sugarcube::sugarcube::sugarcube: and am not sure if I should choose whole cube or half cube. I've done some research and seen it argued both ways but thought I'd ask for some sound advice.

Did your research mention anything about it being easier to stir flavoring into iced drinks when you're using half cubes, or that it's easier for the blender to crush the half cubes when making frozen drinks?

Candyland

Jan 13, 2015
Tennessee
Visit site

Did your research mention anything about it being easier to stir flavoring into iced drinks when you're using half cubes, or that it's easier for the blender to crush the half cubes when making frozen drinks?

Yes those items were listed as pros. The biggest con it listed was that the 1/2 cubes melt much faster leaving iced drinks watered down and not giving customers the best coffee possible.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Yes those items were listed as pros. The biggest con it listed was that the 1/2 cubes melt much faster leaving iced drinks watered down and not giving customers the best coffee possible.

I'm thinking it doesn't make much of a difference. A half cube will melt to a 1/4 cube and a whole cube will melt to a 1/2 cube. A cup of ice will melt down to the same amount of water, in the end.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
we use coffee ice cubes in our iced coffee..no watery coffee later on and if you place it in the fridge to finish the next day you still have all coffee.