French Press and LDL levels

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any info on French Press coffee and LDL levels? I've been reading about this lately. I just started drinking coffee again after a number of years and have really been enjoying my French Press in the mornings. My problem is that I have enough problems with Cholesterol without making it worse with the coffee I'm drinking.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
We've had several discussions about it in other threads. From what I've read, there really is no significant impact on the LDL cholesterol. There's really no reason for you to worry about it. Enjoy your French Press coffee, and focus on cutting back on the cholesterol from other sources, instead.

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
That's part of the problem, the research I've seen isn't very conclusive but it does lean toward the side where French Press, Turkish, etc. does raise LDL levels.
I'll need to look into it some more and see what I can find.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Does the coffee made with a French Press raise LDL cholesterol?

If anyone finds reliable information on this topic, please share it with us in this thread. Please, just post the web addresses to the source and not the whole article. Reliable sources are welcome, which means don't include articles from people who write blogs and are just tossing out their opinions.

It would be nice to be able to settle this debate once and for all.

Rose

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Or... (without trying to hijack the thread too badly) you could forget the standard, read wrong, wisdom on cholesterol.

I know Peter, my doctor and I don't necessarily see eye to eye on this issue. And just for the record diet seems to have little or no effect on my levels so go figure.

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Does the coffee made with a French Press raise LDL cholesterol?

If anyone finds reliable information on this topic, please share it with us in this thread. Please, just post the web addresses to the source and not the whole article. Reliable sources are welcome, which means don't include articles from people who write blogs and are just tossing out their opinions.

It would be nice to be able to settle this debate once and for all.

Rose

I'll try and post there links later today or tomorrow. There are a lot of them, but as to settling it once and for all, based on what I've read so far I don't see that happening. I do look forward to any opinions on this.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
You know the funny thing about this is, there wasn't any long term study was done on coffee way it should have been and the article i saw few months ago, one of the college PHD paper claimed coffee actually lowered LDL and the study was done for 4 years with 200 different students and adults age over 21 to 45. I need to find that article.