pour over vs aeropress

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there are any pros/cons to either of these methods. I've been experimenting with various methods and while I do prefer French Press I'm trying to at least partially get away from unfiltered coffee. As for pour over vs aeropress I don't see much if any difference in the coffee but I find the aeropress a bit more trouble to use. Is it just personal preference or is there more to it?

Thanks

Bacchus

Nov 9, 2014
No. California
Visit site
I can't speak to the AeroPress since I've never used one but, IMHO, it appears that the AeriPress is not only more complicated to use, it's also more expensive to buy. It's possible that the quality of the coffee it produces may be worth it.

I use use a Clever Dripper and I'm quite satisfied with it. It's inexpensive, quick, and utilizes a filter as I require. No more sludge in MY mug..... :)

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
True, at least for me the Aeropress is more complicated to use, not to much more expensive but, yes, a little bit. I'm using a Hario for my pour over and I'm happy with it, just going through a bit of experimentation at the moment. I think the Aeropress will be relegated to the closet for the time being at least.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if there are any pros/cons to either of these methods. I've been experimenting with various methods and while I do prefer French Press I'm trying to at least partially get away from unfiltered coffee. As for pour over vs aeropress I don't see much if any difference in the coffee but I find the aeropress a bit more trouble to use. Is it just personal preference or is there more to it?

Thanks

Aeropress is one of the cheapest method if brewing your coffee. They are typcially around 30 dollars but I have seen many sales ranging 20-25 dollars. If that is too expensive, I don't know where you are living but you are getting ripped off. in coffee industry, Aeropress is known to be one of the best ways to brew your coffee. If you like French Press, I would definitely recommend for your try this method. It is not as easy as French press to use but once you get used at it, it will be more fun and you will get one of the best coffee.

NOrmal pour over will give you good result but Aeropress will give you more bolder and sophisticated flavor. I love to compare Aeropress as decanting of your coffee. When you use pour over is like drinking wine without decanting. It will be good but when you brew your coffee on Aeropress, you will get that extra kick.

So if you are in hurry to have that cup in the morning, I would use French press or pour over but if you are looking to enjoy some bold coffee, I would definitely give Aeropress a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ics7oymw8 This is the best way to press your coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8wvUKa35E This is the crazy way to press.

http://www.amazon.com/Aeropress-Cof...UTF8&qid=1421852360&sr=8-1&keywords=aeropress at amazon, this is being sold for around 26 dollars.

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Aeropress is one of the cheapest method if brewing your coffee. They are typcially around 30 dollars but I have seen many sales ranging 20-25 dollars. If that is too expensive, I don't know where you are living but you are getting ripped off. in coffee industry, Aeropress is known to be one of the best ways to brew your coffee. If you like French Press, I would definitely recommend for your try this method. It is not as easy as French press to use but once you get used at it, it will be more fun and you will get one of the best coffee.

NOrmal pour over will give you good result but Aeropress will give you more bolder and sophisticated flavor. I love to compare Aeropress as decanting of your coffee. When you use pour over is like drinking wine without decanting. It will be good but when you brew your coffee on Aeropress, you will get that extra kick.

So if you are in hurry to have that cup in the morning, I would use French press or pour over but if you are looking to enjoy some bold coffee, I would definitely give Aeropress a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ics7oymw8 This is the best way to press your coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8wvUKa35E This is the crazy way to press.

Amazon.com: Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker: French Presses: Kitchen & Dining at amazon, this is being sold for around 26 dollars.

Actually price really wasn't an issue. I currently have the Aeropress, French Press and Pour Over. I'm just wanting to partially get away from French Press. My issue with Aeropress is that, for me it's just a bit of a mess to deal with so it will mostly be living in the closet and I'll be using pour over and occasionally the French Press for now.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
If the convenience is one of the most important part of brewing your cup, then you really can't bean French press. There are many different ways to brew your cup. But french press is one of the easiest way to brew. But Aeropress will yield some of the best coffee you can get. If you want to talk about messy? Try Siphon coffee. lol ;)

Good Luck.