Best recipe for coffee cake?

dodi90

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone...I need a fast good receipe for a coffee cake (I'm using a box cake) What goes into the other part? Sugar? Brown sugar? Butter? Can I use Walnuts? What do you have for me?

Thanks
thanks.png

coffeeguys

Feb 17, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Hey dodi90!

My mom makes a good coffee cake and she uses walnuts. I asked for the recipe and she gets it off allrecipes uk.

• CAKE
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon instant coffee
  • 175g butter or margarine
  • 175g light brown sugar
  • 175g self raising flour
  • 3 medium eggs
  • 50g chopped walnuts
  • drop of vanilla essence

• FILLING
  • 100g butter or margarine
  • 150g icing sugar
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  • 200ml double cream

coffeeguys

Feb 17, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
instructions:

[h=2]Method
Prep:25min › Ready in:25min [/h]
  1. cream butter and sugar, vanilla essence and baking powder in a bowl. Beat the eggs and gently add to the mixture alternating with adding the flour (must be sieved in). Dissolve tablespoon of coffee in approx 10ml hot water add it to mixture with walnuts.
  2. Spoon into two lightly greased and then lightly floured sandwich tins. The flouring stops them sticking. Cook in middle of oven for approx 25 minutes gas mark 4, 180* or 350*F until firm to touch.
  3. For filling: cream icing sugar and butter in a bowl. Dissolve the teaspoon of coffee into two teaspoons of hot water and add to the buttercream. Use 1/3 of mixture to cover the top of one of the cakes and decorate with any spare walnuts and use the remainder on the other cake as this will be the middle of the sandwich. Whip the double cream until it peaks and spoon ontop of coffee buttercream. Place decorated cake ontop and its done!!