Coffee Mug SCRATCHES and LEAD!

I noticed on a lot of my coffee mugs have scratches on the inside bottom. I never use spoons in the mug and they only get washed in the washing machine, never microwaved. The mugs are mostly made in China, some in Taiwan, and USA. The only 2 I have that don't do this is a Tim Horton's mug made in England and a different generic mug made in Germany. The scratched mugs must have been painted with lacquer paint and has lead in it. Does anyone know where to buy generic looking coffee mugs not made with lacquer or won't scratch other than all glass?

Coffee Mug SCRATCHES and LEAD!-index.jpg

Super Moderator
    I have had this happen too and I've always thought it was from stirring with a metal spoon. When you put the mug into the dishwasher, do you put in on top of the prongs in the washer rack? That will make the scratches as the mug wobbles back and forth in the washing cycle. Also, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove the scratches. It's worked for me in the past.

Rose

Yes, I have also experienced this kind of problem. I am also wondering how to remove that scratches and the stains. Thanks PinkRose, I'd like to try your suggestion.

You can once try PhotMugs. They have different types of mugs. You can directly contact with them for wholesale price.

I had to do a little searching here because I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the thread title. LEAD, really, I thought they banned that from paint back in the 70's but apparently that didn't include the glaze they use in making pottery items, unbelievable.

Suddenly drinking out of my plastic (BPA free of course) mugs doesn't sound so bad.

My father-in-law creates his own ceramic pottery mugs as a hobby in a pottery class. He made these two for my wife and I. You might want to consider going to a local pottery class and see if anyone wants to make you some generic looking coffee mugs.

Coffee Mug SCRATCHES and LEAD!-img_2779.jpg

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links