Review on Bulletproof Coffee

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
I stumbled across a news article on Bulletproof Coffee last night and it kinda perked my interest. Has anyone on here tried it?

Bulletproof-Coffee.jpg

Here's a good review I found:
I don't endorse many products and/or concoctions but there is something out there so good that I had to share it with everyone. If you've never heard of Bulletproof® coffee prepare for a morning drink that will have a massive impact on your cognitive function, energy and fat burning potential. This is not hype, this is not an empty promise, this is a fact.

As some of you may or may not know, coffee has been praised for it's antioxidant properties and it's propensity to reduce the risk, NOT cure, a host of diseases. Coffee drinkers, as opposed to non-drinkers, are less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, dementia, strokes, heart rhythm problems and have fewer cases of certain cancers. Head on over to WebMD for a great article on the health benefits of drinking coffee if you want to delve more into that subject.

So what is Bulletproof® coffee and what will it do for you? Bulletproof® coffee is a concoction of coffee (surprise!), grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee, and MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) Oil all blended up into a frothy, satisfying, fat shredding, razor sharp cognitive function morning drink.

Before rushing off and just buying any brand of coffee it's very important to understand that you should buy a very high quality bean or grind. Organic shade grown or simply organically grown coffee beans/grind is your best bet because of the way it is cultivated and grown. Organically grown coffee beans are very antioxidant rich and yield a very healthy non acidic cup of coffee.

Read the entire article @ No Hype, Bulletproof® Coffee is the Real Deal | Fitness Talk

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Organic shade grown or simply organically grown coffee beans/grind is your best bet because of the way it is cultivated and grown. Organically grown coffee beans are very antioxidant rich and yield a very healthy non acidic cup of coffee.

So ORGANIC coffees are VERY ANTIOXIDANT RICH and VERY HEALTHY for you, and None-organic coffees are not...... or it has normal amount of Antioxidant and so-so healthy?...

that means, FairTrade coffee will give you "clean and healthy" conscience? rather than buying coffee from a struggling, small farms located up in the mountain of San Pedro Necta in Huehuetenango (but without fairtrade because they do not have enough money to pay the fees)

and what about buying coffee with rain-forest alliance certificate? is that mean when you buy the coffee (labeled as the coffee is from Coban, Guatemala), someone in Coban will plant one more tree? or any of the money will go to the rain-forest organization to help out the farmers or their land?
FYI, any exporting company in Guatemala CAN BUY THIS CERTIFICATE with $8000.00 annual fee to ANACAFE which is Guatemala gov't coffee organization.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
don't stop now Alex keep going!! just starting to get good..I have had people come in and ask if I could make it and I have no interest. It is a fad and a false hype like the green bean diet. Although pure coconut oil is great for the system I really doubt if the mixture does what they claim. The tree huggers and gym rats are going for it.
JMO

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Charlie. well said.

I checked out the bulletproof coffee :

Here's how to make a cup of Bulletproof® coffee. In a blender:
1 cup (8 oz.) freshly brewed strong black Organic coffee using your favorite brewing method.
1 teaspoon high quality MCT Oil (build up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days).
Add 1 tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee (build up to 2 tablespoons over several days).
Mix in the blender for at least 30 seconds until the drink is frothy like a really creamy latte.
Drink!......or I should say sip. Note: Try this all alone as your breakfast to get the full effect. The first time I tried this it gave me a serious kick in the pants. Not only is this concoction a superior 'energy drink', the health benefits make it a very potent way to start your day."

let me give you another alternative that I use every morning. Really.
1 cup (12 oz) freshly brewed black coffee (currently I am using Geisha that I got from Jumpinjakjava).
two pills of multivitamin
two pills of Guarana 1000 mg
Benefits : you will REALLY TASTE the coffee (as real good coffee should) plus you get daily doses of all vitamins you need. Plus extra "energy" from Guarana.

much simple and potent way to start your day.

Last edited:

Nucer

Aug 6, 2014
Benbrook, Texas
Visit site
Alex I agree with your recipe but I would add 2 cups of freshly brewed black coffee. The extra cup gets this tired old body moving in the morning.(laughing at all the new fangled fads):lol:

SingleMaltKaffe

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I tried this mainly to see how it tasted and not really for what he claims. Personally, I prefer the Bomb Proof Coffee version. Then again, anything Coffee I have to try!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Do you want "dreamy" like coffee buzz?

Here is "an actual recipe" from Herbert (owner of Finca Las Rosas in San Pedro Necta)

1 good pinch of pulverized hash (yes, Marijuana)
2 pinches of ground cinnamon
1 pot of fresh brewed coffee (of course, from his own farm. I am guessing "Catuai" varietal)
Sugar and Creamer/Milk (Optional)

Brew the coffee as you would normally, whether you prefer to make it in a regular coffee pot or in an Espresso machine. (perhaps I will try it with our espresso machine when I get to my company next week :+) . Put all of the ingredients that you have (keep in mind that you can adjust the amount of hash that you put in to the mix to your preference if you’d like the coffee to be stronger or weaker).

Enjoy your cup of medicated coffee!

View attachment 4073

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Do you want "dreamy" like coffee buzz?

Here is "an actual recipe" from Herbert (owner of Finca Las Rosas in San Pedro Necta)

1 good pinch of pulverized hash (yes, Marijuana)
2 pinches of ground cinnamon
1 pot of fresh brewed coffee (of course, from his own farm. I am guessing "Catuai" varietal)
Sugar and Creamer/Milk (Optional)

Brew the coffee as you would normally, whether you prefer to make it in a regular coffee pot or in an Espresso machine. (perhaps I will try it with our espresso machine when I get to my company next week :+) . Put all of the ingredients that you have (keep in mind that you can adjust the amount of hash that you put in to the mix to your preference if you’d like the coffee to be stronger or weaker).

Enjoy your cup of medicated coffee!

Is the coffee brewed first, and then all of the other "stuff" is added into it? Wouldn't that make the coffee drink a bit grainy, especially from one particular ingredient that doesn't dissolve?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Is the coffee brewed first, and then all of the other "stuff" is added into it? Wouldn't that make the coffee drink a bit grainy, especially from one particular ingredient that doesn't dissolve?

would like to try it, P.Rose? :wink:
when you grind coffee beans, you also put the "good Herb" into grinder and grind them together.
then, brew it like normal coffee brewing.

To say frankly, I have never tried it. Herbert from Las Rosas told me last time. He said that he enjoys that with his father and mother (who are well into 80th) on Saturday only. Sunday, no. they are Catholic. However, on Saturdays, no problem. Funny how that works!!!