Industrial Pour Over Coffee Stand

Sara

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I am looking to buy a pour over soon. Andrewk It looks like there is a glass tube in the spout but I have to ask anyway, Does any part of the coffee come in contact with solder when it passes through the spout? Also, Does it really need to be clear coated? Cast iron is so durable by itself.

Wow, I love that minimalist look!

andrewk

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I am looking to buy a pour over soon. Andrewk It looks like there is a glass tube in the spout but I have to ask anyway, Does any part of the coffee come in contact with solder when it passes through the spout? Also, Does it really need to be clear coated? Cast iron is so durable by itself.

Wow, I love that minimalist look!

The glass funnel extends right through the metal pipe, you can just see it sticking out the bottom, so no coffee would ever touch the metal. The only reason that I clear coated it is because the iron would rust very quickly if you every spilled water on it, the clear coat just preserves the finish but it wouldn't be required.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site

Sara

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I was all set to buy it, till the shipping brought it up to $89, I started thinking more sensible. Now I have visions of DIY pour overs and syphon pots dancing through my head. Im gonna try a 100mm funnel from amazon to start. And see where inspiration takes me.