iced coffee-mocha flavor-help please!!

TLB

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I'm new here & I'm a fairly new coffee drinker. I only drink iced coffee, started w/dunkin donuts w/the mocha swirl-cream & sugar, then started leaving out the sugar & just cream & the mocha (yes lots of sugar still I know!) Well, if you've had any experience w/dunkin you know it can be a big pain going there for coffee on a regular basis! So my family got me the Ninja Coffee Bar for Christmas! Now my quest is to make a similar iced coffee. While I'm finding some combos I enjoy I still can't seem to capture a similar iced mocha! I have been using dunking original blend ground coffee, cream (natural bliss sweet cream) and torani chocolate sauce. It's good but still not the same. I have also tried a dark chocolate flavored coffee (one I found at Target). I'm thinking of trying a different chocolate sauce & would love to try a sugar free chocolate sauce too. I tried some of the Torani sugar free syrups, some are ok & some are awful!

So...any recommendations & advice would be most welcome!!
Thanks so much!
Tami

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello TLB,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

I doubt that you will be able to exactly duplicate the taste of Dunkin Dounts Iced Moca. But, it sounds like you've already come up with some combinations that you enjoy. Now, the goal should be to come up with your own combination that is even better than what you get at Dunkin Dounts.

Keep in mind what whatever syrups or sauces you try that are sugar free, they will have a whole different taste all on their own. (either just "ok" or probably awful).

Have fun experimenting.

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I use half/half, powdered Ghiradelli, and caramel syrup in my iced coffee. Fattening, but yummy.

Like Rose said, you probably can't duplicate DD, but you might find something you like even more.

TLB

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
thanks! does the powder mix into the iced coffee well? I never thought of using a powder.

anyone have any luck or recommendations of a flavored coffee to help w/the flavor?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
thanks! does the powder mix into the iced coffee well? I never thought of using a powder.

anyone have any luck or recommendations of a flavored coffee to help w/the flavor?

How are you cooling icing down your hot coffee? Are you adding ice to your hot coffee, or are you making the coffee in advance and letting it cool down before making your iced mochas?

I know a few people who absolutely love making iced mochas by adding hot chocolate mix (without the marshmallows) to their hot coffee. and then they add ice to cool it down.

TLB

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
with this Ninja Coffee Bar there is a setting, "over ice brew", it makes the iced coffee, you add the ice before you put it under the drip.

thanks for the hot chocolate mix suggestion, that's a good idea!

garryyjr

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I'm new here & I'm a fairly new coffee drinker. I only drink iced coffee, started w/dunkin donuts w/the mocha swirl-cream & sugar, then started leaving out the sugar & just cream & the mocha (yes lots of sugar still I know!) Well, if you've had any experience w/dunkin you know it can be a big pain going there for coffee on a regular basis! So my family got me the Ninja Coffee Bar for Christmas! Now my quest is to make a similar iced coffee. While I'm finding some combos I enjoy I still can't seem to capture a similar iced mocha! I have been using dunking original blend ground coffee, cream (natural bliss sweet cream) and torani chocolate sauce. It's good but still not the same. I have also tried a dark chocolate flavored coffee (one I found at Target). I'm thinking of trying a different chocolate sauce & would love to try a sugar free chocolate sauce too. I tried some of the Torani sugar free syrups, some are ok & some are awful!

So...any recommendations & advice would be most welcome!!
Thanks so much!
Tami

My Ninja coffee bar will be in next week. How do you like it so far?