Want to roast my own....

iam4clemson

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I posted this in the Roasters forum, but I think that one is for businesses so Ill post again here. I want to learn to roast my own coffee, But I have no clue where to start! What equipment would I need? Im pretty new to coffee in general. Never drank much of it for 49 years and now for some reason, I'm loving it! Ive always been one to make my own stuff. I used to brew my own beer, make my own wine, and still make my own BBQ. I want to learn to roast my own coffee. Any websites that you can lead me to to teach me the ropes?

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
Iam4clemson, welcome to Coffee Forums!

Though I am not a coffee roaster, a website I often see referenced favorably is https://www.sweetmarias.com. Sweet Maria's does provide a lot of information about coffee roasting and sells related products ranging from green coffee beans to coffee roasters.

i am sure some of the roasters here at Coffee Forums will point you to other, maybe better, websites to get you started.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello Iam4...
As a lifelong coffee spaz, I welcome you to this crazy world of trying to understand the dynamics of worlds most globally significant commodity behind water...and since it comprises 97% of the beverage, water is merely the beneficiary of the consumption of the beverage. I don't know if your interest in coffee is on the road to becoming a passion; however, there are plenty of resources to learn about coffee. I would recommend the book "Uncommon Grounds: The History of Coffee and How It Transformed Our World" as background to your exploration. It will give you an uncommon understanding of the industry and how it works. Aside from that, if you are indeed heading down the same road many here have been traveling, I hope you develop an insatiable desire to learn that you not only come to this forum to ask for help, but also to share with us interesting things you have learned and discovered along your path. Again, welcome to the forums!

Cheers,
Peaberry

Last edited: