Banned

If you have a specialty coffee shop, how do you market your shop name and what you do

When I was talking to JH Yang from Korea (El Cafe is his specialty coffee shop name), he told me that one out of 9 specialty coffee shops in Korea goes out of business in less than 18 month. That is an incredibly bad ratio when you consider there are over 2000 Q graders in Korea.

Even here in USA, I have heard that 70% will go out of business in less than 5 years.

So, the question is that how do you market your Specialty coffee shop/retail shop and how make the customers remember you and your services?
    what and how do you have to be different to be successful?

One thing that I believe is that Customers like the people/barista/owner who work very hard for what they do, but also, they tend to respect who is real. Be Genuine and Honest about what you do and what you sell and how you sell. While you are doing business, rather than just tell them what they want to hear, but express your ideas and comments from your heart in which shows that you really know what you are doing and very passionate about how you go about your business.

Is there anything else that will make your Specialty coffee shop a success?

Hello ensoluna i'm one of guy who works in KOREA specialty cafe.

the specialty market in Korea really small until 2014, usually people drink coffee in franchise cafe like starbucks, Angel in us , Tom & Toms which is not using specialty coffee.

but when market of coffee grows fast in here, people tend to gather more information about good quality of coffee.

still many of customers don't know different between commercial and specialty but the tasty clearly prove its quality.

so here is my opinion , franchise sell their coffee between 4~5$ even they are not using good coffee because of their royalty , expensive monthly rent fee , etc
    therefore they have to sell cheap coffee to costly.

but independent specialty brand no need for paying royalty (thats most important) so we can sell good quality of coffee by 4~5$ , same like franchise.
    the tasty of good quality coffee change normal customer to regular.

its a complicate to tell all thing in here.

hope you this reply helped

the second thing , which you mentioned about successful .

more than 30,000 cafes in KOREA , (even KOREA smaller than TEXAS !)

that is reason why they goes out of business in less than 18 month, too many company and cafe running their business in small land.

so competitive and once you had success in new drink or product , other shops also make same or similar one next month.

we are running specialty cafe since 2010, and in my experience the most important thing is taste and kindness.

smile when ordering, give them best quality of coffee so they gather more people to our shop.

its basic in business but hard to maintain.
    Last edited by InEarthcoffee; 07-10-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Banned
    welcome to this forum.
    hope that you can contribute as much as you can regards to Korea Specialty Coffee.
    We do not have many Korean members, so it will be a plus for us.
    thanks and good luck to you.
    Last edited by ensoluna; 07-10-2016 at 11:05 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links