Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Believe it or not, BUSINESS INSIDER gave Koffee Kult as one of the best coffees in the world.
    Specially this Dark Roast.
    has anyone tried this?
    for me, I am bit reluctant to buy from Amazon, specially coffee. Never been happy.

Dark Roast Arabica Coffee from Koffee Kult

Amazon

This Arabica dark roast from Kult Koffee has over 1,100 reviews on Amazon and an average rating of 4.5/5 stars, which is quite the vote of confidence from your coffee-drinking breathren.

One of the good coffees that I really enjoy is SOC (single origin coffee) that I can really enjoy and taste each different flavors and aromas of different regions, varieties and even farms.
    When I have a good SOC, I do not use FP, AP. I use Pour Over method which is clean, clear and consistent method for SOC. It is due to the fact that the water is allowed to absorb fragrances and coffee oils in consistent time and pressure (unlike espresso, by force).

Great SOC + Pour Over method = Great coffee!

I am sure that long time ago, I posted this chart, but for some newbies.
    it comes in very handy for the beginners!

WHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-coffee_tools.png
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

it might be strange to some others that I put BEST METHOD OF MAKING COFFEE LUWAK in this WHAT IS GOOD COFFEE THREAD.
    because many of us does not consider Luwak as a good coffee, or against it due to the cruelty toward the animals being treated.
    however, it has been the most expensive, hard to get, coffee for decades... maybe there is something I do not really know about.

In my life, I drank coffee luwak two times. Both in Jakarta in Indonesia. At that time (about 15 years ago), I did not think much of it.

anyway, many experts suggest that the best way to prepare is by using French Press because it allows prolonged contact between the water and coffee without boiling the coffee and without resulting in any ground coffee at the bottom of your coffee mug.

Here is simple instruction Luwak coffee in FP.

1. Coarse grind. (two reasons : no over extracting & not allow the ground to pass via mesh filter)
    2. when the water is boiling, turn it off and wait for 45 secs. & pour into FP.
    3. stir...& sit for 4 min (coffee vs water ratio & "sit" time can be adjusted per your preference)
    4. ... then, you probably know the rest...
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

I do not have Turkish Coffee often, but whenever I visit Mexico city, I always take some time to visit my favorite coffee shop, Jekemir Cafe, in the downtown of Mexico city (about 10 min walk from Zocalo) Actually, this is the only place where I drink Turkish Coffee because it is not easy to find a cafe that serves in Guatemala or in Long Beach, CA.

I have been going to this cafe for past 25 years and still the same owner and same wonderful coffee & people.
    Turkish coffee is something unique and different than other coffees that we are normally used to. It is very aromatic and full of strong & thick flavors. If you are going to Mexico City, it is a must try.
    www.cafejekemir.com Calle Isabel la Católica 88, Centro Histórico, Centro, 06080 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico

Also, easy to make. here is the simple Turkish coffee making video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOaI8JC1_EE

I took these photos last year when I was at Mexico city.

WHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-20746060_1988505301433256_7659977717761703894_o.jpgWHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-20746083_1988505331433253_183029953463540853_o.jpgWHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-20776837_1988505294766590_2804629102037551252_o.jpgWHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-20785678_1988505298099923_8472085830279276366_o.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Nice to here in forum and explain coffee preparation by chart but if you make a cool coffee watch youtube videos.

Really like raf

Here is Coffee 101 for you.

there is a general coffee ground vs water ratio to make a good cup of coffee.
    use 2 "level" tablespoons of "quality coffee" for 6 oz of water (but not tap water due to smell and other things inside). Of course this ratio can be and should be adjusted depending on your own "preference". More coffee, or less water.. it is up to your taste.

And drink your coffee right away for best flavor.
    if you re-heat the coffee on a heat source, the coffee flavor will break down very quickly.
    the worst way? is to heat up by micro wave oven (which my mom loves to do, but she always claims that her taste buds have gone with her age, couple of decades ago... so I do not argue with my mom :+). Micro wave oven will kill the flavor faster than a bullet.

so, just use stainless steel thermos to keep it hot.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

okay, okay, since I am on a roll, Coffee 102!

here is another my mom's example. (she isn't going to be happy about it, but I do not think that she has joined this forum.... she is 82 years young, very traditional Korean grand ma :+)

I think that she cleans her coffee pot once a month and when she cleans it, she uses half of soap bottle to remove month old residue. NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD either way.

Unclean coffee pot has residual coffee oils that is from the previous coffee and there are other coffee chemicals which can decompose and cause bad flavors. Also be careful using a whole lot of soap unless you are sure to remove any remaining soap residue. After good wash and rinse with some baking soda and water to neutralize any remaining acids and coffee oil.

there you have it. clean your coffee pot well today, okay?
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

coffee is "hygroscopic"!!!

hygroscopic = a substance tending to absorb moisture from the air (well... I had to look it up :+)

of course, that means coffee beans take in water from the surrounding environment which affect the taste. That is why most of our customers take their order in one 20' container, even though, they actual buying is less than half of a container.
    of course, we can use grain-pro, but most of them rather not take any chance.

so, in order to have a good cup of coffee, it is really important that beans (green & roasted) are stored in a clean and DRY environment.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links