Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Banned
    I am going to put this posting in "what is good coffee" thread because I prefer good black coffee over expensive, "1 out of 5 good" lattes and flat whites.

Black coffee spills more easily than beer. if you think about it, that is really true.
    Every tried to serve a cup very full of hot black coffee? it is hard to keep it from spilling over the edge.
    but what about a full pint of beer?
    Beer doesn't spill as easily as coffee because of the foam content (just like latte, cappuccino..etc).

By the way, One of the BIG reasons that we got all of our floor changed from white carpet to dark wooden floor last year was because of this fact.
    Since I drink 3 or 4 cups of black coffee very early in the morning, when it is very dark, carrying the full, hot black coffee mug from down stairs to my upstairs study room, there are millions of brown coffee dots, trails from my coffee spilling over..... you do that for 10 years.... Yep! We had to do it. Change entire house to wooden floor.. LOL Cost me a bundle. I regret not using "the sippy cup with a straw". ha ha ha

Banned
    Good coffee is ALL ABOUT EVE!

No, that was an awesome old movie (some might remember, but if you have watched this in real movie theatre in your 20th, you got to be in mid to late 80th...) but really. it is all about EXTRACTION.
    Water, coffee grind size are key components in extraction.

Very coarsely ground coffee will give you an under extracted brew with a sour flavor because the water could not extract enough of good things from the coffee and instead pulled more of the acidity from the beans.

On the other hand, very find grinds will be over extracted because the water will extract too much of the bean's volatile oils and compounds. So, the cup will be bitter, astringent and basically unpleasant.

Well extracted coffee has just the right amount of sweetness and acidity with great lingering finish.

The key to this cup of coffee is a grind that is in between fine and coarse, and of course, just the right size for your particular brewing method.

by the way, please do not confuse extraction with coffee strength. Extraction has nothing to do with the strength of coffee and everything to do with the flavor of coffee.

Banned
    to make a good cup of coffee, you HAVE TO USE burr grinder !!!! for even extraction.

WHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-2.pngWHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-6.jpgWHAT is good COFFEE?  And how do you make it?-11.jpg

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links